Portfolio Management, Investment Analyst/Associate
CornerStone Partners, based in Charlottesville, Virginia, serves as the outsourced investment manager (OCIO) for nonprofit organizations. Our clients rely on the returns generated by their investment portfolios to fund their missions in health, education, conservation, and building and improving communities, and hire CornerStone to manage their investment program. The firm manages approximately $10 billion (as of March 31, 2021) and has 25 employees. CornerStone is a dynamic, growth-oriented firm committed to developing a diverse and equitable workforce.
As a member of CornerStone’s Portfolio Management Team, the Investment Analyst/Associate will support the management of client portfolios with analytics, facilitating data-driven portfolio and risk management decisions and fulfilling client reporting needs. The successful Investment Analyst/Associate will master existing processes, proactively recommend and implement improvements and, over time, will become an expert and leader on the Investment Team in portfolio management. Future growth opportunities could include playing a role in improving efficiencies around data collection and use, and supporting a manager of managers platform. In addition to functional training, we support a variety of continuing education opportunities, including financial support of the CFA Program.
This position has flexibility regarding location with a requirement to spend time periodically meeting in the office in Charlottesville.
Upon completion of training, the Analyst/Associate will have a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Maintaining CornerStone’s exposure management system and generating related reporting
- Supporting portfolio management needs across asset classes and clients, with a particular focus facilitating transactions with public market investment managers
- Providing market analysis across asset classes, regions, and financial instruments
- Assisting with asset allocation modelling
- Special projects, such as:
- Researching portfolio management topics (e.g., expanding our use of derivatives for managing exposures and liquidity)
- Supporting content creation for clients on portfolio-related topics (e.g., maintaining purchasing power)
- Adding new/improved analysis to exposure reports
Attributes of the Successful Candidate
- Enjoys working with data
- Intellectually curious
- Interest in investing/portfolio management and data analytics/systems
- Some quantitative/analytical background
- Understanding of basic finance/economics
- Advanced Excel skills; proficient in PowerPoint and Word
- 1+ year of work experience (note: investment experience not specifically required)
- Minimum BA, BS or equivalent
Please submit a resume and cover letter to: Susan Holtzman, HR and Finance Associate (firstname.lastname@example.org). CornerStone is not able to sponsor employees who would require a visa to work in the U.S.