Pre-MBA Private Equity Associate – Summer 2023
Background on Northlane
Northlane Capital Partners (NCP) is a lower middle market focused private equity firm that invests in growing, highly profitable companies throughout North America. Based outside of Washington, D.C. in Bethesda, MD, our founding partners have worked together since 2003. We are currently managing over $1 billion and investing from our second fund.
We make control investments in the business services and healthcare sectors. We look to partner with excellent management teams running market-leading companies in high-growth niches. In addition to these characteristics, our ideal target company occupies a defensible market position, generates high EBITDA and free cash flow margins, and is either recession resistant or has demonstrated the ability to recover rapidly through the business cycle.
More information about Northlane Capital Partners, our team, and our portfolio is available at: http://www.northlanecapital.com/
We are seeking a Pre-MBA Private Equity Associate to join our team for a Summer 2023 start.
- Analyze and prepare recommendations for new middle-market buyout investment opportunities across multiple industries
- Develop and maintain financial models (LBO, debt refinancing, add-on acquisitions)
- Conduct due diligence and assist in the management of legal, financial, and third-party advisors on process management, structuring, and negotiations
- Draft investment committee memoranda highlighting key deal attributes and risks
- Actively monitor and support portfolio companies by attending board meetings and assisting with M&A, budgeting, strategic analyses, debt financings and exits
- Develop proprietary investment theses alongside senior investment team members
- Support senior investment professionals with business development efforts
- History of top professional performance reviews and successfully integrating feedback
- Strong financial modeling and quantitative skills
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to multi-task while meeting deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team-oriented attitude
- Undergraduate degree from a top-tier college or university and a strong GPA
- Minimum of 2 years of experience (prior to Summer 2023) in investment banking or private equity
- Northlane offers an exceptional professional opportunity within a flat organizational structure with unique exposure to senior partners and critical decision-making within private equity.
- Several current senior investment professionals started in the Pre-MBA program.
- This is a two-year program. Exceptional performers may receive an offer for a third year.
- Historical exit opportunities from Northlane have included top-tier MBA programs, other private equity firms, and operating roles.
- Northlane’s offices are located in the Bethesda Metro Center, which provides quick and easy access to Washington, D.C.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit through our posting on gobuyside.com or e-mail your resume in a PDF document to email@example.com with the subject line “NCP Pre-MBA Private Equity Associate – Summer 2023.”
The application deadline is October 28th. We expect to notify successful candidates by November 1st.
Cover letters are not needed. If you wish to submit any additional information, please include it in the body of your email.