Principal, Portfolio Data Technology
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world’s largest independent investment management firms. With > 1 trillion in assets under management as of November 2018, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions.
As a senior member of the Portfolio Services Technology Team, this individual will be responsible for design, architecture, development and maintenance of investment middle-office applications, working with both analysts and developers to devise business solutions. As a technical lead of the Investment Book of Record (IBOR) development team, the individual will be responsible for the delivery of scalable and flexible software solutions to provide exposures, market values, analytics & related reference data for investors, clients and traders to help them to make better investment decisions.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer to join a strong, collaborative team in a role focusing on technical design, architecture and development with leadership and advancement opportunities. The individual will lead development team (including full time employees and consultants) to review quality of work as well as help the team to solve complex business problems.
The individual will participate in all development activities to successfully deploy new systems and enhancements, and work with colleagues and end users to design, develop and implement solutions to meet business outcomes.
- Technical lead of IBOR development team.
- Participate in architecture, design, implementation, deployment, and support efforts
- Work with business team members, project managers/analysts, other software engineers to review business requirements, functional specifications, use-cases, and test plans
- Design, prototype and author code for software components and applications based on functional specification and optimize them for performance
- Ensure the adherence to established code-quality standards within the development and QA teams, such as Continuous Integration, Code Reviews, and all required release documentation
- Establish and maintain effective client relationships and help guide the team in setting priorities for completion of requests or resolution of issues.
- Work across teams such as with middleware, database, and architecture teams to coordinate and facilitate production releases
- Author architecture, technical design, and support documentation
- 15+ years of software development and design experience
- 7+ years demonstrated experience developing enterprise applications and services using Java and related technologies.
- 5+ years of software development experience as a technical lead
- Experience with big data and in-memory technologies is preferred e.g. Apache Ignite, Apache Spark, Hadoop ecosystem,
- Ability to solve complex business problems is a must with out of the box thinking.
- Experience in relational database technologies is required.
- Motivated, agile and able to work independently in a fast paced team oriented environment. Committed to deliver projects on time and overcome obstacles.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Financial industry experience is preferred but not required.
To submit an application, please follow the link below: