Private Equity Associate
Bow River Capital is a private alternative asset management company based in Denver, Colorado. Founded in
2003, the firm was established with a vision of building a world class, diversified investment management platform
committed to the middle market. We invest across three asset classes: Private Equity, Real Estate, and Software
Growth Equity. Our Private Equity strategy seeks to invest in prominent companies with a differentiated offering,
significant growth potential, and a demonstrated track record of success. Bow River’s Private Equity strategy targets
majority investments in infrastructure services, business and tech-enabled services, and healthcare businesses.
Our philosophy is rooted in partnering with strong management teams and working closely with them to facilitate
growth and enterprise value creation.
Private Equity at Bow River is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and team-oriented environment offering exposure to
all aspects of the investment process. Associates at Bow River work closely with all levels of Private Equity
investment professionals through every stage of an investment process. As an associate you would play an integral
role in investment underwriting and due diligence, transaction execution, portfolio company monitoring, and investor
reporting and valuation.
• Detailed investment analysis, including industry research, detailed financial modeling, and business
• Develop in-depth investment themes within Bow River’s targeted industries.
• Create deliverables and presenting information for internal investment underwriting, limited partner
communication, meetings with management teams, and investment sourcing.
• Manage the transaction execution process, including third party due diligence workstreams, transaction
documentation, and debt and equity capital raising.
• Portfolio company management, including proactive financial monitoring, supporting the execution of
strategic initiatives, and board-level participation.
• Interact frequently with the most senior members of the firm, as well as the senior management of portfolio
• Assist in all aspects of the private equity investment process
• Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, working within a small deal team
• Energetic team member with presence and professionalism who builds respect with others
• Demonstrated ability to deliver top-quality support and work-product in a responsive and hands-on manner
• Excellent organizational, analytical and time-management skills, as well as an ability to communicate
effectively with staff and management
• Superior attention to detail
• Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic setting and to handle multiple projects at a time
• Confident, outgoing and self-aware
• Bachelor’s degree and a distinguished academic background (degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics preferred, but not required)
• One to three years in an investment banking, private equity, consulting, accounting, or professional services firm offering relevant experience
• Advanced Excel, strong financial modeling and valuation skills
• Understanding of private equity related terms and concepts
• Strong understanding of applied investment and valuation analysis
• Written and oral communication skills
• Critical thinking ability and demonstrated leadership experience
• Collaborative and proactive approach to working in a team environment
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
• Track record of personal accomplishments