Private Equity Investment Officer II
Job Description and Duties
Our Investment Office, Private Equity program is currently seeking one Investment Officer II to work under the supervision of the Investment Manager (IM) performing less complex investment work as a team member in the Private Equity (PE) program. The IO II is responsible for assisting with the administration of the PE Program as directed and assists other CalPERS investment staff.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist the IM or in the management and monitoring of partnership, direct investments and co-investments. Establish and maintain relationships with an assigned group of partnerships, direct investments, and/or co-investments in order to evaluate performance relative to multiple quantitative and qualitative thresholds over the life of the investment.
- Through analysis and research, develop and express a current opinion on every investment assigned for coverage.
- Assist the IM in reviewing, recommending, and implementing appropriate action with respect to amendments or other legal matters impacting assigned investments.
- Interact with the assigned external management consultant, advisor, and/or legal expert, and may include periodic travel to conduct on-going diligence concerning the manager/investment/strategy.
- Independently execute a high degree of precision in completing weekly, monthly and quarterly evaluation metrics.
- Further evaluate investment potential by preparing spreadsheets analyzing investment performance, creating presentations in PowerPoint summarizing key findings, scheduling in-person meetings, developing negotiation strategies and managing the flow of legal and investment documents for review and execution.
You will find additional information about the job in the Duty Statement.
California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS) is a global institutional investor and the nation’s largest public pension fund, with assets of approximately $411.50 billion as of September 18, 2020. Headquartered in downtown Sacramento, CalPERS is situated in close proximity to the Napa Valley, San Francisco, Lake Tahoe, and other desirable destinations in California. Our people are deeply committed to our Mission & Vision and their decisions and actions are guided by our investment beliefs.
If you thrive in a fast paced, challenging and rewarding environment where diversity in perspective and experience is valued, this may be the right opportunity for you.