PRIVATE EQUITY SENIOR ASSOCIATE, FINANCIAL SERVICES
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Sightway Capital is a Two Sigma company focused on middle market private equity investing primarily within two industry verticals: financial services and real assets. The company employs a principal mindset and flexible capital approach to building successful businesses in partnership with experienced operators. The team at Sightway Capital thinks long-term, targeting business opportunities that we believe afford both near-term asymmetric risk rewards and enterprise value creation over time. For more information, please visit www.sightwaycapital.com.
We are seeking to add a Senior Associate to our financial services investment team. In this role, you will work with the team in all aspects of the investment process and assist with the active management of existing portfolio companies. Given our relatively lean team of investment professionals, the Sr. Associate can expect to have meaningful interaction with senior professionals both internally at Sightway and externally with management teams.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Participate in deal screening
- Conduct due diligence
- Participate in deal structuring, negotiation, execution and financing
- Support the management of existing portfolio companies
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 4 – 6 years of direct private equity investing or investment banking experience; Financial Services/FinTech, FIG (Financial Institutions Group), M&A and/or Leveraged Finance experience preferred
- BA / BS degree required
- Proficiency in a variety of valuation methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated accounting and Excel modeling experience and strong analytical skills
- A passion for investing and an ability to learn quickly and proactively
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.