Private Market Investment Analyst
Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS), a $30 billion pension plan located in Austin, Texas, is seeking to hire an investment analyst to join the real estate and real return team. Providing secure, reliable retirement benefits to nearly 175,000 members through our unique hybrid defined benefit / defined contribution structure, TMRS seeks to be the model for empowering retirement.
The private market portfolio makes up a large portion of TMRS’ asset allocation and is comprised of assets in Private Equity, Real Estate, Real Assets and Absolute Return Strategies. The ideal candidate will be able to analyze complex data to ascertain relative risk/return characteristics. The candidate must be intellectual curious and able to work in a collaborative environment focused on improving the team’s portfolio and approach on a day to day basis.
The position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
- Assist in due diligence & research process’ for potential investment opportunities
- Monitor existing investment performance and risk for ongoing exposure and compliance analysis
- Assist in portfolio evaluation and allocation decision making
- Develop and maintain relationships within investment industry for due diligence and investment opportunity purposes
- Assist in negotiation of potential new partnerships
- Communicate analysis and recommendations to internal team members, external partners, investment committee and/or board of trustees
- Coordinate with investment team, operations, legal counsel, third party advisors and investment managers
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Applicable advanced degree or certification highly desirable
- All levels of experience up to 10 years will be considered
- Strong problem solving, presentation, analytical and time management skills