Private Markets Analyst
The Private Markets Analyst works closely with consultants and other private market investment professionals in evaluating the capabilities of private market managers and assists with special research on private market strategies and opportunities. Reporting to a senior member of the private equity research team, the primary focus of the Analyst may focus on one more private market asset classes, which may include private equity plus private debt, infrastructure, natural resources, and/or real estate.
Meketa is flexible about where the Private Markets Analyst works. The Analyst could be located in our Westwood, MA, Carlsbad, CA, Chicago, IL, Portland, OR, or New York, NY offices.
- Coordinate manager searches for clients
- Conduct screening conference calls/meetings with new potential managers to determine if further due diligence is warranted
- Communicate our research and recommendations to prospective and existing clients.
- Conduct research that contributes to improvements in the quality of the company's investment advisory services (e.g., writing white papers). Write client memos that involve manager updates and/or recommendations
- Fulfill any other duties deemed necessary by management
- Gather, organize, coordinate, and interpret data from disparate sources
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required; major in economics, business, or finance preferred
- Three to seven years of relevant investment industry experience required
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Outstanding writing and presentation skills
- Superb digital literacy, including facility with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent attention to detail
- Efficiently and accurately under time pressure and to meet targets
- Independently and proactively seek new responsibilities
- Thrive in a team-oriented environment
- Travel periodically, up to 20% of the time.
- MBA, CFA, or CAIA charter holder (or program enrollee)
About Meketa Investment Group
Meketa Investment Group is an employee-owned full-service investment consulting and advisory firm. We work with some of the nation's largest and most sophisticated institutional investors including public and private plan sponsors. We have a staff of over 200 employees among our six U.S. office locations and in London.
Meketa recognizes that our workforce is a reflection of our company, and we operate in an inclusive environment that accepts and promotes diversity. We believe our employees can best serve our clients in an atmosphere where individuals are treated fairly, where professional growth is developed and encouraged, and where a healthy balance between work and home life is respected and preserved. To support employees, Meketa offers a competitive compensation structure, a wide range of benefits from core insurance benefits to time-based benefits, as well as flexible schedules and support for continuing education.
Meketa is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us.