Private Markets Investment Analyst / Associate
Angeles Investment Advisors, LLC is an employee-owned investment advisory firm based in Santa Monica, CA. Angeles provides investment management and advisory services to institutional clients (e.g., endowments, foundations, pension plans, and select high net worth clients). Angeles’ expertise includes investment research, asset allocation, investment policy development, portfolio structure, manager research & selection, and risk management. More information is available on our website at www.angelesinvestments.com.
Roles and Responsibilities
Angeles seeks a person to conduct private markets (private equity, growth equity, venture capital, private real estate, and private real assets) investment research and to work as part of the investment team to identify and diligence private markets fund and direct co-investment opportunities. In addition, this person will support monitoring existing private markets managers and assist in ad-hoc projects. The successful candidate will gain exposure to private markets and work directly with senior professionals. Responsibilities may include:
- Fund Research: Identify, interview, and evaluate new investment managers, as well as conduct ongoing manager monitoring. Provide written documentation of research meetings summarizing the investment thesis and next steps. Make investment recommendations to the Angeles Investment Committee.
- Fund Due Diligence: Conduct investment and operational due diligence on investment managers, including quantitative analysis of private markets manager portfolios and fund legal documentation.
- Co-investment Due Diligence: Conduct due diligence on direct co-investment opportunities in growth-stage and mature companies. The diligence process may include meetings with co-investors, company & market analysis, and meeting with target company management.
- Investment Committee: Participate in and contribute to Angeles’ Investment Committee discussions.
- Special Projects: Conduct ad-hoc projects as needed, which may include market studies, annual reviews, and other internal or client-related presentations and recommendations.
- Research Database: Maintain the private markets research database, including research notes, schedule of meetings and pipeline reports.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Candidates must have a college degree and can have up to five years of work experience. Knowledge and experience in private equity or private real estate is a plus, but not required. Candidates must be proactive, detail-oriented, capable of working independently, and have a passion for financial markets and investing. Strong verbal, writing, and analytical skills are required, as well as strong proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Angeles is an open and collegial environment where professionals have the opportunity to progress commensurate with their ability.
Salary is based on experience. Health and profit-sharing benefits, and discretionary annual bonus included.
This position is located in Angeles’ Santa Monica, CA office. Angeles offers work from home flexibility, but candidates must be located in or willing to relocate to the Los Angeles area.
Interested parties should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No telephone inquiries will be accepted for this position.