Private Markets Investment Due Diligence Analyst – Real Estate
APPLY THROUGH THE LINK HERE: https://albourne.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=06e4dbe1-864e-477f-907b-8e28a59a6c66
Albourne is an investment consultant which was founded in 1994. Albourne advises over 280 investors, including institutional investors, financial intermediaries, and family offices, on over $550 billion alternative investments across the liquidity spectrum. It specializes in Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Private Credit, Real Assets, Real Estate and Dynamic Beta.
Albourne empowers its clients to be the best investors they could be by providing Portfolio Advice, Research (Investment, Operational and Quantitative due diligence), Data & Analytics, and Implementation Support (middle and back office) services. Albourne seeks to minimize potential conflicts of interest by only providing non-discretionary advice, which it does on a fixed fee basis.
Albourne’s 400+ employees are in 10 offices globally, including London, San Francisco, Connecticut, Munich, Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo, Toronto, Nicosia and Bahrain. Albourne is proud of its flat structure with over 90 Partners, over 75 of whom are either share or option holders.
- To provide support for manager selection, investment due diligence (“IDD”) and related Private Markets (“PM”) & Hedge Fund (“HF”) services.
- To contribute to the development of Albourne’s PM & HF initiatives
Fund Investment Due Diligence
- Generate fund lists: Work in coordination with the Head of the Private Markets IDD, Head of the Hedge Fund IDD, and Private Markets & Hedge Fund IDD Analysts to maintain manager review and due diligence focus lists for assigned strategies and regions (if applicable). Coverage relates to both funds in the PM and HF universes to assist with the implementation of those lists over time. These focus lists are likely to contain for each given strategy: Top Picks, Funds to Watch, and New Funds. To generate these lists, comprehensive knowledge of funds raised in the given strategy is expected which requires, to the extent possible, an open door approach to fund managers.
- Rate managers: Rate managers in the given strategy and exhibit the ability to clearly and persuasively articulate the rationale for those ratings.
- Produce IDD and associated reports: Produce clear & concise investment due diligence reports and recommendations to present to clients in coordination with the PM IDD Analyst(s) (Real Estate). Meetings and due diligence may involve site visits, analysis of documentation, and performance reviews, together with telephonic or personal reference checks. Reports will typically require some modelling of data provided by the managers, either using existing tools or tools that the Analyst will need to generate. Company “best practices” in respect to PM and HF due diligence should be followed.
- Monitoring: Provide ongoing monitoring of funds in client portfolios or on fund lists in the given strategy to ensure accuracy of existing ratings.
- Open Protocol and Core.control: Provide ongoing monitoring of Open Protocol reports of HF IDD funds in the given strategy and comment on breaches in the core.control reports in coordination with the PM IDD Analyst(s) (Real Estate) in a timely manner.
- Assist clients with accessing managers: To the extent possible, help build relationships between Albourne, the client, and covered managers to assist with client access to preferred funds
Strategy Analysis and Communication
- Forward Calendar: Support production of an up-to-date and accurate Forward Calendar for the assigned strategy.
- Strategy Forecasts: Support production of strategy forecasting for assigned strategies within PM and HF.
- White paper, CIO Notes & ATV: Support production and maintenance of research on the extranet, outlining the key attributes, trends, and drivers of a given strategy.
- Research: In coordination with PM IDD Analyst(s) (Real Estate), identify any additional tools or analytics which will enhance the accuracy of ratings and fund selection or communicate our opinions more clearly.
- Client calls and requests: In coordination with PM IDD Analyst(s) (Real Estate), clearly communicate to clients by phone or email Albourne’s house opinions on the given strategy or fund as well as meet any follow-up or related client requests.
- Database: Help ensure HFDB (internal database) is maintained with up-to-date information.
- Timeliness: Meet deadlines imposed by management and clients. If circumstances hinder the ability to meet a deadline, analyst is responsible for effectively communicating the reasons for delay and timing expectations with management and clients.
- Weekly calls: Participate on applicable internal group calls (e.g. weekly RA/RE calls) to transfer knowledge of PM & HF.
- Marketing and Portfolio Advisory: Support business development activities, including involvement in client marketing and portfolio construction, as needed.
- Other projects: Any other ad hoc projects as requested by Head of Private Markets IDD, Head of the Hedge Fund IDD, or daily line manager.
- Represent Albourne well: Act as an ambassador for Albourne at industry events.
- Compliance: Report potential conflicts to Compliance and work with Compliance to ensure that conflict disclosures appear on written research reports.
- University graduate or equivalent
- Strong written communication skills
- Optional) Possession of or advanced progression towards relevant professional qualifications (CFA, CAIA, CPA)
- Proactive self-starter, proficient time management and multi-tasking
- Relevant prior work experience, including knowledge or experience of PM (Private Equity, Venture Capital, Real Assets, or Real Estate) may be beneficial
- Professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills
- Systems literacy (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Abide by the PM and HF IDD policies and procedures as well as the Albourne Group’s policies and procedures, including, but not limited to IFFM; compliance reporting; Information, Communications & Cyber Security Policy; Expense & Travel Policy, etc.
- HFDB filing
- Comply with terms of Albourne Compliance Manuals
- Attend Albourne offsites
- Regulatory registration (dependent on regional requirements)
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits Package
- Fully paid Medical and Dental PPO
- Fully paid Basic Life and AD&D
- 401k & FSA
- Everyday Wellness, onsite weekly yoga and fitness
- 30 days paid time off each year including Vacation and Holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Norwalk, CT
Work authorization: Must be eligible to work in the United States
Albourne America LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, physical or mental disability, age, medical condition, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.