Private Markets Investment Due Diligence Associate Analyst
Albourne is an investment consultant which was founded in 1994. Albourne advises over 270 investors, including institutional investors, financial intermediaries and family offices, on over $450billion alternative investments across the liquidity spectrum. It specialises in Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Real Assets, Real Estate and Dynamic Beta.
Albourne empowers its clients to be the best investors they could be by providing Portfolio Advice, Research (Investment, Operational and Quantitative due diligence), Analytics (data and tools) and Implementation (middle and back office) services. Albourne seeks to minimise potential conflicts of interest by only providing non-discretionary advice, which it does on a fixed fee basis.
Albourne’s 400+ employees are in 10 offices globally, including London, San Francisco, Connecticut, Munich, Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo, Toronto, Nicosia and Bahrain. Albourne is proud of its flat structure with over 95 Partners, over 75 of whom are either share or option holders.
We are looking for a Private Markets Investment Due Diligence Associate Analyst to join our team in our San Francisco office. As a Private Markets Investment Due Diligence Associate Analyst, you will focus on supporting the fund investment due diligence process, followed by strategy analysis and communication, as well as administrative and maintenance upkeep.
Please click on link to apply: APPLY HERE
Fund Investment Due Diligence
- The Fund investment due diligence process includes the initial screening of investment managers; participating in meetings with the managers; quantitative performance analysis and qualitative due diligence; and participating in internal discussions that lead to an investment recommendation
- Assist in the preparation of investment due diligence reports
- Provide ongoing monitoring of funds in client portfolios or on fund lists in the given strategy to ensure accuracy of existing research and ratings
- To the extent possible help build relationships between Albourne, the client and covered managers to assist with client access to funds
- Produce up-to-date and accurate Forward Calendar for the assigned strategy
- Produce strategy forecasting for assigned strategies within Private Markets
- Produce and maintain asset class/industry research outlining the key attributes, trends and drivers of a given strategy
- Identify and recommend any additional tools or analytics which will enhance the overall accuracy of our research
- Ensure internal database is maintained with up-to-date information
- Meet deadlines set by management and clients
- Participate in weekly internal group calls
- Communicate with clients as required
- Any other ad hoc projects as assigned
What we’re looking for:
- University graduate or equivalent with 1 – 3 years’ experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Relevant work experience with knowledge or experience of private markets preferred but not required
- Proactive self-starter, proficient time management and multi-tasking
- Professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills
- Systems literacy (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- (Optional) Possession of or advanced progression towards relevant professional qualifications (i.e. CFA, CAIA)
- Regulatory registration (dependent on regional requirements)
Benefits & Perks:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits Package
- Fully paid Medical and Dental PPO
- Fully paid Basic Life and AD&D
- 401k & FSA
- Everyday Wellness, onsite weekly yoga/stretch sessions
- 30 days paid time off each year including Vacation and Holidays
- Biennial company offsite
Job Type: Full-time
Location: San Francisco, CA
Work authorization: Must be eligible to work in the United States
Albourne America LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, physical or mental disability, age, medical condition, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Albourne America LLC will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.