Private Markets Investment Due Diligence Associate Analyst – Real Estate
Albourne is an investment consultant which was founded in 1994. Albourne advises over 270 investors, including institutional investors, financial intermediaries and family offices, on over $450 billion alternative investments across the liquidity spectrum. It specializes in Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Real Assets, Real Estate and Dynamic Beta.
Albourne empowers its clients to be the best investors they could be by providing Portfolio Advice, Research (Investment, Operational and Quantitative due diligence), Analytics (data and tools) and Implementation (middle and back office) services. Albourne seeks to minimize potential conflicts of interest by only providing non-discretionary advice, which it does on a fixed fee basis.
Albourne strives to be a sustainable company with three main goals: 1) Aspiring to be a multi-generational firm with broad internal ownership and a Partnership structure; 2) Treating our employees and clients fairly; and 3) Advocating for positive change for its benefit and for the alternative investment industry – best practices have always been a defining part of who we are.
We are looking for a Private Markets Associate Analyst – Real Estate to join our Norwalk, CT team. As an Associate Analyst, you will provide support for manager selection, investment due diligence, and related Private Markets and Hedge Fund services.
Fund Investment Due Diligence
- Assist in the production of investment due diligence reports in coordination with the Private Markets Partners - Real Estate. Meetings and due diligence may involve site visits, analysis of documentation, and performance reviews, together with telephonic or personal reference checks. Reports will typically require some modelling of data provided by the managers, either using existing tools or tools that the Associate Analyst will need to generate.
- Provide ongoing monitoring of funds in client portfolios or on fund lists in the given strategy to ensure accuracy of existing research and ratings.
- To the extent possible, help build relationships between Albourne, the client, and covered managers to assist with client access to funds.
- Assist in the production of an up-to-date and accurate Forward Calendar for the assigned strategy.
- Assist in the production of strategy forecasting for assigned strategies within Private Markets and Hedge Funds.
- Support production and maintenance of research on the extranet, outlining the key attributes, trends, and drivers of a given strategy.
- Identify and recommend any additional tools or analytics which will enhance the overall accuracy of Albourne’s research.
- Ensure internal database is maintained with up-to-date information.
- Meet deadlines set by management and clients.
- Support business development activities, including involvement in client marketing and portfolio construction as needed.
- Communicate with clients as required.
- Any other ad hoc projects as assigned.
What we’re looking for:
- University graduate or equivalent
- Relevant work experience with knowledge or experience of private markets (private equity, venture capital, real assets or real estate) preferred but not required
- Strong written communication skills
- Systems literacy
- Proactive self-starter, proficient time management, and multi-tasking
- Professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills
- Regulatory registration (dependent on regional requirements)
- (Optional) Possession of or advanced progression towards relevant professional qualifications (CFA, CAIA)
Benefits & Perks:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits Package
- Fully paid Medical and Dental PPO
- Fully paid Basic Life and AD&D
- 401k & FSA
- Everyday Wellness, onsite weekly yoga and fitness
- 30 days paid time off each year including Vacation and Holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Norwalk, CT
Work authorization: Must be eligible to work in the United States
Albourne America LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, physical or mental disability, age, medical condition, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.