Private Markets Performance Analyst – San Francisco
Verus is in search of a self-motivated and analytical individual to join our downtown San Francisco office (or potentially other Verus office). Candidates should be detail oriented, process minded, and customer focused.
The Private Markets Performance Analyst is responsible for performance reporting and monitoring for private markets investments, maintaining the integrity and calibration of performance report data, and partnering with Consultants to support client service relationships. This position represents a unique opportunity for professionals to use their analytical skills and private markets knowledge to become a critical part of our private markets business line.
- Tracking, monitoring and producing reports on private market client investments;
- Gather, organize, enter in reporting tools, and report on client investment activity and investment performance;
- Generate performance reports and deliverables accurately and on-time;
- Coordinate with investment managers to gather and verify information; document meeting notes, reference calls, etc.;
- Support RFP/business development activity with research on recommended and client-specific funds, performance, etc.;
- Assist Private Markets team with scheduling, record keeping, and other administrative support;
- A main contact for performance reporting software provider and support team.
- One or more years of experience in finance, investments or relevant investment experience with private market exposure gained at a Private Equity Consulting Firm, an Investment Bank, Private Equity Firm, Fund of Funds, Limited Partner, accounting firm, or custodian
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics or other closely related field
- Strong knowledge of Excel and familiarity with databases; experience with Solovis a plus
- Excellent written, oral and analytical skills, strong attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and ability to balance many projects
Verus is an independent, institutional investment consulting firm. Since 1986, we have been working closely with our clients and other professionals to add value to their investment portfolios by providing research driven investment solutions that address their specific needs. Through independent, conflict-free advice and investment expertise, our professionals strive to be the driving force that empowers clients to achieve their investment objectives. We are looking for a talented professional who embodies our firm values of diligence, professionalism, expertise, client service, and collaboration.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability, and vision insurance; 401(k) program with a company match; section 125 cafeteria plan; CFA and other professional certifications sponsorship; 11 paid holidays; and 15 days of paid time off the first year of employment.
In addition, our boutique firm allows us to have an exceptionally convivial corporate culture with opportunities for career development and cross-departmental collaboration. On top of strengthening growth and partnerships in the work environment, Verus promotes happy and healthy living with a variety of employee appreciation initiatives, a good sense of humor, and several company events throughout the year.
To apply please visit our Verus Career Website here: https://www.verusinvestments.com/careers/
Verus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Verus is dedicated to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. We seek employees from all backgrounds to join our teams, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic and best selves to work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), disability, age, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, medical condition, military or veteran status.