Private Markets Reporting Analyst
RVK is an independently owned, national firm with headquarters in Portland, OR and regional offices in Boise, ID, Chicago, IL, and New York, NY. We provide unbiased investment consulting services to nearly 200 institutional clients, including corporations, public retirement systems, Taft-Hartley funds, non-profit organizations, non-pension operating funds, high-net-worth individuals and families, and other special purpose funds. The heart of RVK is our team-centered approach to client service, provided by our experienced team of investment consulting professionals. RVK is one of the ten largest investment consulting firms in the world, as reported by Pensions & Investments, and is the only firm to be named a Greenwich Quality Leader among large U.S. investment consultants for a third consecutive year.*
The Private Markets Reporting Analyst is responsible for providing support to the Investment Management Research (IMR) Team with relation to alternatives investments. The Private Markets Reporting Analyst would be an integral part of RVK’s private investments team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Alternatives Team with the preparation of quarterly investment performance reports in accordance with RVK’s standards
- Collect and enter investment manager and index data on a periodic basis for private markets asset classes
- Reconcile data with third parties, troubleshoot as needed
- Calculate, analyze, and interpret numerous financial statistics at the investment manager, composite, index, and peer group level
- Communicate with clients, investment managers, custodian banks and other third-party data providers in order to prepare client deliverables
- Assist in researching and providing information to client teams regarding investment manager changes and client exposure
- Create spreadsheets and build reports to be utilized by the asset class team
- Update and maintain systems to help facilitate the processing of investment manager searches
- Participate in Alternatives Team meetings and Investment Manager presentation meetings
- Ability to communicate effectively coupled with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills – able to understand financial concepts
- Ability to excel in a deadline-driven environment, managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite; specifically Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience using eVestment®, Morningstar®, Markoff Processes International®, Bloomberg®
Required Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance, Economics or Mathematics
- Work toward Chartered Financial Analyst® designation and/or Master’s degree preferred
- Two (2) years of industry experience in investment manager research or related endeavors preferred
RVK offers a competitive benefits package to full-time regular employees including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k) retirement plan, pretax medical flexible-spending, dependent care, transportation with subsidy after one year of service, tuition reimbursement to enhance career development, and a generous paid-time-off program. Come join a company that rewards hard work and appreciates its employees!
To learn more about our company, please visit us at http://rvkinc.com. If you enjoy working collaboratively with others and consider yourself to be a creative thinker, then contact us today! For immediate consideration, please apply through our company website by clicking on Career Opportunities on the home page.
You will need to submit a cover letter explaining how your skills and abilities meet the qualifications and a copy of your résumé. We request that you submit your materials in a PDF format.
We receive a significant volume of applicants and cannot respond to each applicant individually. We review all applications and will contact only those candidates whose skills, experience, and qualifications meet our requirements for the position. Please do not contact us regarding the status of your application. No phone calls, faxes, or temporary staffing agencies, please.
All applications must be through the company website. No direct solicitations will be accepted. RVK supports workforce diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. As an EEO employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
*Between July and October 2019, Greenwich Associates conducted interviews with 1,100 individuals at 896 of the largest tax-exempt funds in the United States, including corporate and union funds, public funds, endowments and foundations with either pension or investment pool assets greater than $150 million. Study participants were asked to provide quantitative and qualitative evaluations of their asset managers and investment consultants, including qualitative assessments of those firms soliciting their business and detailed information on important market trends. RVK is one of three firms recognized in the large investment consultant category. The ratings may not be representative of any one client’s experience with RVK; rather they are representative of those clients submitted and that chose to participate in the survey. The results are not indicative of RVK’s future performance. To read the Greenwich article, please click here.