Private Portfolio Manager
Working closely with the US Commercial Real Estate team, the Senior Vice President will provide leadership across all phases of a transaction. The key responsibility of this hire will be to maximize returns on the investment portfolio, ensuring that assets reach their full potential before disposition.
Providing drive and leadership, the individual must communicate frequently with other members of the real estate team to capitalize on group synergies and to ensure decisions are consistent with the overall investment thesis.
- Proactively manage a portfolio of equity investments to create maximum value.
- Approve and oversee execution on asset level business plans.
- Manage operating and joint venture relationships.
- Develop and review refinancing strategies in conjunction with finance professionals.
- Participate in acquisitions to assist in underwriting and transition activities to asset management.
- Manage reporting information to external parties (clients, consultants).
- Assist in refining best-in-class asset management policies and procedures.
- A college degree in business administration, real estate, finance, or related field preferred. Masters’ degree is a plus
- 10 + years of asset management experience at institutional investment firm, ideally at the opportunistic end of the risk return spectrum.
- 15+ years of professional experience in real estate or related industry.
- Overseeing a team and mentoring junior members is preferred.
- Equity, debt and operating company experience preferred.
- Experience across all asset classes, ideally including land and / or residential development.
- Proven leadership skills working across cross-functional teams (internal/external constituencies.
- Strong due diligence and analytical skills.
- Driven, energetic, well-organized, good administrative skills, attention to detail.
- Poised, articulate, effective presentation skills, both written and oral.