Real Estate Acquisition Intern
Department: Real Estate | Location: Century City | Experience: 2-4yrs
Canyon Partners, LLC is a leading global alternative asset manager with over 200 employees. Canyon manages over $27 billion in assets across hedge funds, private equity-style vehicles, and real estate assets. Canyon specializes in value‐oriented, event‐driven, and distressed investments for endowments, foundations, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, and other institutional investors. The firm was founded in 1990 and maintains offices in Dallas, Los Angeles, New York, London, Seoul, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Hong Kong. Canyon has been an SEC registered Investment Adviser since 1994.
- Work in a team-based environment to assist in all aspects of Canyon's acquisition and origination business
- Assist with underwriting, financial analysis and creation of internal investment memorandums for new and existing transactions
- Conduct market research, including comparative asset surveys, demographic analysis, primary market demand drivers, and sector trends
- Participate in the due diligence and assist in execution of debt and equity investments
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university.
- 2-4 years of total professional experience
- At least 2 years in real estate private equity, investment banking, consulting or another profession with emphasis on financial & quantitative analysis.
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving, writing and communication skills
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Understanding of real estate sectors and fundamentals
- Strong communication skills with a high level of initiative and strong work ethic