Real Estate Analyst
THE POSITION: Real Estate Analyst
REPORTS TO: Development, Acquisitions, & Asset Management Teams
LOCATION: Dana Point, CA
Raintree Partners is a real estate development, investment and operating company based in Orange County, CA with an office in San Francisco, CA. Raintree Partner’s investments are focused on the multifamily and mixed-use property sector in California. Raintree was formed in 2007 and now operates a portfolio of more than 5,500 apartments in both northern and southern California.
The Analyst will report to upper management and will work primarily in a position supporting Raintree’s development and acquisitions teams. The Analyst will be responsible for financial modeling and analysis, investment memos, market research and due diligence activities on acquisition and development opportunities for the company. In addition, the Analyst will support the Asset Management team with portfolio analysis and will help prepare quarterly and annual investor reports. Since Raintree is a smaller, entrepreneurial organization, the Analyst will have the opportunity to gain exposure to multiple facets of a growing real estate investment and development company.
This Analyst’s key responsibilities will be as follows:
- Prepare property and portfolio level financial analysis using Excel based models for both acquisitions and development projects.
- Collect data for and assist in preparing investment memorandums for new investments. Assist with presentations to Evergreen.
- Conduct market research for specific investment opportunities, as well as existing portfolio, and maintain current real estate market data in target markets.
- Prepare and compile market and portfolio data for annual and quarterly reports to Evergreen and other business partners as necessary.
- Assist in property level due diligence activities.
- Provide support for project-level financings.
- Maintain the pipeline report of prospective development and acquisition opportunities.
- Assist with other special projects as required.
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
Experience: The candidate should have a minimum of 1-2 years of work experience, preferably within real estate, finance, accounting or similar field. Multifamily experience is helpful, but not required.
Education: Undergraduate degree is required; preferably in business, real estate, or a related field.
Candidates for this position must have the following career qualifications:
- A fundamental understanding of real estate finance and the commercial real estate market.
- Strong communication and analytical skills with hands-on knowledge and abilities in Excel. Note: An Excel exam will be required prior to hire.
- Prior experience underwriting income property investments is helpful, but not required. This can be from the perspective of a developer, investment management firm, financial institution, mortgage banker, brokerage firm, or real estate consultant. Multifamily experience is a plus but not required.
- Be willing to work out of the office every day in Dana Point, CA. Note: Raintree will not reimburse for any relocation expenses.
Candidates will also have the following personal attributes and characteristics:
- Highly motivated with a strong record of academic and professional achievement.
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment and the capacity to handle the breadth and intensity of work that comes in such an organization.
- A passion to build a career in the development and investment side of the real estate business.
- Strong quantitative aptitude and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized and detail oriented but able to see the “big picture”.
- Ability to work productively and collaboratively in a lean organization and with outside vendors.
- The aptitude to manage multiple projects and to negotiate competing priorities.
- An attitude that embraces integrity, honesty and personal responsibility
- A willingness to ask questions when necessary and quickly admit the need for help.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS – Please Submit All Documents by January 24, 2020 through Select Leaders (selectleaders.com):
- Cover Letter – Please be sure to articulate why you are interested and why you will excel in the role. Candidates will NOT be considered without a cover letter.
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ANY INDIVIDUALS AT RAINTREE PARTNERS REGARDING THIS POSITION.