Real Estate Asset Management Analyst
Real Estate Asset Management Analyst Opportunity Overview
We love what we do. We love real estate. We love supporting organizations, companies and families. We love creating multiple levels of value and positively influencing the future. Do you?
The Real Estate Asset Management Analyst role is an opportunity to:
- Lead the direct analyst duties for a portfolio of existing high-quality office and multifamily assets on behalf of an affiliated company.
- Have exposure to and work with Senior Management.
- Identify and implement new process improvements/efficiencies.
- Work on asset management and consulting project work.
The Real Estate Asset Management Analyst will:
- Create and maintain cash flow valuation models in Argus and Excel, performing periodic hold/sell analyses.
- Review and analyze proposed leasing transactions – both new leases and renewals – to summarize and compare contract terms and provide insight into tenant credit worthiness.
- Provide oversight and direction to property management teams, including property management accountants, to assure accuracy of management information such as rent rolls and financial statements.
- Analyze historical and current period financial statements, together with annual budgets and reforecasts, for variance and trends.
- Review and analyze property management and construction management fee and brokerage commission calculations.
- Review and confirm accuracy of annual CAM reconciliations for office and retail properties.
- Conduct market research and analysis related to operational metrics such as rent levels, competitive performance, capital markets activity, and development pipeline.
- Create sensitivity and scenario analyses to inform redevelopment decisions.
- Support acquisitions, financing activities, and dispositions with cash flow modeling, valuation, scenario analyses, due diligence, and Q&A.
- Help maintain accurate and complete data records for all client properties, including filing and tagging documents in SharePoint.
- Coordinate, assemble, and distribute materials to third-party service providers for annual appraisals.
- Prepare written narratives and financial tables and charts for use in management and investor reporting, including quarterly and annual reports.
- Assist Asset Management team with special projects.
Educational & Professional Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- 2+ years of commercial or multifamily real estate experience with a focus in finance or accounting preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel including building models and templates for other users. Argus experience strongly preferred.
- Comfortable with running reports and ledgers in software such as Yardi or Kardin.
Key Skills & Competencies
- General understanding of commercial real estate finance, leasing, accounting, terminology, and property operations.
- Understanding of financial statements, real estate and accrual basis accounting, valuation principles, and the property budgeting process.
- Strong analytical, accounting, and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and quantitative communication skills.
- Able to probe, ask thoughtful questions, and dig beneath the surface to test the validity and relevance of information.
- Able to manage multiple competing priorities and meet delivery deadlines.
- Advanced excel modeling and skills.
- Able to successfully work in a team-oriented environment and partner with internal colleagues, external suppliers, and cross-functional groups.
- Comfort level with the technology used to aid in collaboration, communication, and documentation.
- Knowledgeable of real estate budgets, financial statements, analysis, terminology, and familiar with budget/reporting processes.
Ideal Candidate Qualities
Our ideal candidate(s) will have a strong compatibility with Heartland culture in terms of intellectual curiosity, team-oriented nature, problem-solving capacity, desire to learn new skills as projects demand, a focus on high-quality work product, and ability to work in a fluid, fast-paced environment.
- High level of integrity
- Strong work ethic
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Organized, structured, and thorough
- Naturally curious
- Ability to learn, be flexible, and adapt quickly
- Comfort and desire to work with clients
- Team oriented; works well in small and larger teams
Reporting & Collaboration Responsibilities
- Reports to Director of Asset Management.
- Collaborates daily with the broader asset management team, in particular the asset managers directly responsible for client assets.
- Collaborates regularly with client accounting, property-level teams, including third-party property managers, property accounting teams, leasing brokers, etc.
- Interacts regularly with client staff and personnel in a client service context.
Travel required to appropriately serve the client assets and maintain intimate knowledge of the markets.
The salary range for this position will range from $85,000-$115,000 per year and will be dependent upon multiple factors including experience and existing skillsets.
- 401(k) plan
- Life and disability coverage
- Potential for discretionary annual bonuses
- Vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Company supplied equipment for home office
- Qualified Transportation Plan program
- Charitable Matching Gift Program
- Health & Fitness Reimbursement Program
Location & Hybrid Work Policy
Heartland currently has a hybrid work policy, which includes the ability to work remotely within the Puget Sound Region. On average, Heartlanders are in the office 2-3 days per week. The hybrid work policy may evolve over time.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Efforts
We are an equal opportunity employer. We recognize that our mission and values are best advanced by the leadership and contributions of individuals of diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and cultures. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our region’s diversity is a priority, and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status, or other status protected by law. Heartland provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race (including traits historically associated or perceived to be associated with race such as hair texture and protective hairstyles such as afros, braids, locks, and twists), color, ethnicity, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, familial or marital status, religion, age (40 and older), disability (including sensory, mental, or physical disability), obesity, use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, genetic information (including testing, predisposition, or carrier status), HIV or AIDS status, veteran or military status or any application for military status, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
As advisors by trade, we know that innovative solutions emerge from unique perspectives, experiences and identities. As such, our team and our partners are our life force. We encourage employees to get involved and to feel comfortable voicing their opinions and sharing their ideas; our goal is for everyone to feel and be heard, included and acknowledged. To that end, we are committed to continue working to become a more diverse, equitable and inclusive organization. We know it is a journey and while we may not get it right all the time, we are dedicated to creating a psychologically safe work environment, dedicated to listening and amplifying the voices of all employees to create a better organization.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Heartland does not require vaccination in order to be eligible for employment, however, employee health and safety is a high priority and so we do encourage people to be fully vaccinated and up to date on available boosters. Heartland will continue to monitor the situation and reserves the right to update this policy in accordance with CDC Guidelines and best practices in order to maintain a safe working environment.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and should include both a Cover Letter and a Resume. Please submit via Heartland’s online career center.