Regional Director, Broker-Dealer
Note to applicants: Resumes and portfolios (when applicable) are required as part of your application. When applying from a mobile device or tablet, you may not be able to attach a resume. If you cannot include an attachment at the time of your application, you will receive a follow up email asking you to attach your resume from a computer.
The Regional Director, Broker-Dealer Advisor Group, is responsible for business development and relationship management of both new and existing clients and this individual will be focused on the west coast. They will lead all sales related activities as well as organize efforts of client services team members to effectively address the needs of advisors in the territory.
To be successful, the Regional Director must have a solid foundational knowledge of investments, capital markets and asset allocation theory. The ability to discuss the sophisticated investment solutions that Dimensional provides is critical to working with and influencing Advisors. Just as important, the Regional Director must have a strong business development and client service orientation and understand the issues and challenges Advisors face in building a client-centric, fee-based business.
- Sales leadership and management of a territory composed primarily of wire-house and independent broker-dealer financial advisors.
- Develops new advisor relationships and retains and deepens existing advisor relationships.
- Consults with advisors on building an efficient practice while providing a successful investment experience to clients.
- Presents Dimensional Fund Advisors’ investment capabilities, investment theory and performance to Financial Advisors, branch offices, company conferences and industry functions.
- Formulates and executes tailored Dimensional initiatives and champions existing company initiatives.
- Be a team-player and sales and marketing thought leader within the Dimensional team.
- Be a spokesperson and champion of the Dimensional brand and investment theory throughout the industry and marketplace.
- Increase revenues, AUM and Advisor clients within the territory through the profitable growth of Dimensional’s product suite.
- 10+ years of experience in the Financial Services Industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA or CFA strongly preferred.
- A personal alignment, understanding and appreciation of Dimensional's investment process, philosophy and business strategy.
- Demonstrated track-record of building Advisor relationships and growing a territory.
- Extensive knowledge and network of fee-based Financial Advisors in the wire-house and independent broker-dealer markets who may share a similar investment philosophy to Dimensional or with enough intellectual curiosity to want to learn more about it.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with high energy and passion; a self-starter.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly with regards to conveying technical investment approaches and key Dimensional selling points in a clear and compelling manner.
- Ability to present Dimensional’s products and philosophy to small and large groups.
- Competitive but highly collaborative with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Must be Series 7 licensed.
Dimensional offers a variety of programs to help take care of you, your family, and your career, including comprehensive benefits, educational initiatives, and special celebrations of our history, culture, and growth.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees during COVID-19, the majority of Dimensional’s employees are currently working remotely. Firm leadership evaluates the situation on an ongoing basis as to when employees could return to our corporate offices.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training, job assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, discipline, termination, and social and recreational programs.