Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management is one of the world’s largest independent investment management firms. With US$1 trillion in assets under management as of September 1, 2019, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 60 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
Relationship Analysts (RAs) within the Global Consultant Relations team, based in Wellington’s Chicago office, will partner with multiple Consultant Relations Managers (CRMs) across the team and have the skills necessary to assist with all aspects of a consultant relationship. Importantly, RAs serve as thought partners to managers and proxy for the CRM. A successful RA will work closely with managers to drive the agenda with each consulting firm and bring the resources of the organization to bear on behalf of the consultant with the goal of delivering a high level of service that will exceed the consultant’s expectations and position Wellington Management as the partner of choice.
This is a dynamic team. The Global Consultant Relations team is charged with managing consultant relationships with a focus on cultivating new business and expanding existing relationships. Consultant relationships are critical to our firm as a significant share of our clients rely on the advice of these consultants for investment decisions. As such, the consultants represent a significant source of leverage for business growth, client service, and retention.
- Conduct analysis and respond to inquiries on a variety of topics, including market and investment focused inquiries.
- Develop a strong understanding of the depth and breadth of Wellington Management’s product offerings
- Support CRM efforts in maintaining/new consultant ratings, updates on common strategies, and new business opportunities
- Prepare briefing materials, coordinate and lead prep meetings, submit and coordinate requests for materials, and review presentation materials for consultant meetings
- Prepare for and participate in consultant conference calls and meetings, focusing on content, key takeaways, and outcomes; handle meeting follow up
- Maintain internal systems with up-to-date information on consultant contacts, areas of priority, activities and opportunities
- With the CRMs, set strategy for retaining and growing our business with consultants
- Collaborate with Investment Product & Strategies and the Client Service Group to ensure consultants are provided with accurate and timely data for new and existing products. This includes responding promptly to all consultant inquiries for information, coordinating with other functional areas as needed
- Work with Relationship Managers, Business Development Managers, and Investment Product & Strategies teams, to ensure the effective coordination and communication of ongoing consultant relations initiatives
- As needed, coordinate product review conference calls with the research staff at consulting firms to ensure our product capabilities are positioned for inclusion in investment manager searches
- Coordinate webinars and special events for consultants; attend industry conferences (as agreed with CRM)
- Understanding of asset management and the consultant relations function
- Demonstrated passion for and understanding of global capital markets, investment styles and instruments
- Ability to think strategically and collaborate with CRMs to define a plan for retaining and growing consultant relationships
- Strong problem solving ability including creative thinking combined with a collaborative approach in seeking the broader audience
- Analytical capabilities to both retrieve data and understand the implications of that data
- Ability to work independently and proactively; to multi-task in a fast paced and team oriented environment under tight deadlines with high volume of competing demands; demonstrate grace under pressure
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and a willingness to “pitch in” when necessary
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to manage a high volume of activity under tight deadlines
- Sound business judgement coupled with strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and relationship skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong academic credentials and progress towards (or willingness to pursue) a relevant professional qualification, e.g., CFA or MBA
- 2-5 years of relevant experience within the Financial Services industry preferred
If interested, please apply at: