Research Analyst – DC/529/Passive
The Research Analyst is a member of the Public Markets Manager Research Team, the group within Meketa that performs due diligence on equity, fixed income, and hedge fund managers. The primary responsibility of the analyst is to research and analyze managers/strategies best fit for defined contribution and 529 clients, as well as take a leadership role in evaluating managers dedicated to passive and enhanced passive strategies. The individual will work with colleagues on the Public Markets Manager Research team, the firm’s consultants, and other investment professionals to provide investment recommendations to the firm’s clients.
The Research Analyst is expected to have general investment knowledge and familiarity with the investment consulting and investment management industries. Candidates should have three to seven years of relevant investment experience in manager research, preferably working with defined contribution clients. The candidate should have a strong understanding of capital markets and be highly motivated. An individual who is a committed teammate with strong communication and organizational skills, is detail oriented and has a passion for investing, will be well positioned to succeed in this role.
Meketa is flexible about where the Research Analyst works. The Analyst could be located in our Westwood, MA, Portland, OR, Carlsbad, CA or Chicago, IL offices.
- Meet with and evaluate the capabilities of managers that offer strategies for defined contribution and 529 clients
- Meet with and evaluate the capabilities of managers that offer passive and enhanced passive strategies
- Monitor managers in which our clients are invested
- Draft research work products and communicate the research team’s perspective:
- Produce manager meeting notes and prepare manager analyses
- Present manager analyses at team meetings and critique the analyses of others
- Prepare presentation documents (e.g., manager “search documents”) and present them to clients
- Write client memos on managers as required
- Contribute to the development of research and updates on the relevant asset classes
Required Skills, Experience, Knowledge:
- Minimum of two years of work experience performing manager research
- Bachelor's degree required
- CFA charterholder or candidate preferred
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Outstanding writing, presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proven computer skills including facility with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with Fact Set, Morningstar Direct, and eVestment
About Meketa Investment Group
Meketa Investment Group is an employee-owned full service investment consulting and advisory firm. We work with some of the nation’s largest and most sophisticated institutional investors including public and private plan sponsors. We have a staff of over 200 employees among our six U.S. office locations and London.
Meketa recognizes that our workforce is a reflection of our company, and we operate in an inclusive environment that accepts and promotes diversity. We believe our employees can best serve our clients in an atmosphere where individuals are treated fairly, where professional growth is developed and encouraged, and where a healthy balance between work and home life is respected and preserved. To support employees, Meketa offers a competitive compensation structure, a wide range of benefits from core insurance benefits to time-based benefits, as well as flexible schedules and support for continuing education.
Meketa is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us.