Research Associate- Fixed Income/Preferred Securities
Job Title: Research Associate – Fixed Income/Preferred Securities
Department: Investments- Fixed Income/Preferred Securities
Junior analyst on an asset management team that manages $20+ billion in global investments in preferred securities, corporate bonds and, to a lesser extent, convertible securities. Support a small, tightly knit team’s portfolio managers and senior analysts in various tasks relating to portfolio management. Potential for company coverage and security valuation and selection.
- Manage various security valuation, portfolio and index positioning and performance-related reports, as well as related databases.
- Contribute to various client service projects and support marketing efforts and information requests relating to client accounts.
- Work with senior analysts to develop additional analytical tools to enhance security selection and portfolio management.
- Stay abreast of global credit markets and participate in frequent team discussions relating to economics, markets, companies and securities.
- Potential to work with senior analysts and portfolio managers, as well as independently, in the evaluation of company fundamentals and security valuations.
- Interface with colleagues in technology, account administration, marketing, client services, compliance and trading.
- Contribute to the overall success of the fixed income team in its goal of providing excellent results for clients.
- BA degree and a strong desire to work in asset management
- Strong proficiency in Excel with VBA and database management/analysis skills a plus; Bloomberg proficiency a plus; coursework in computer science a plus
- 1-3 years of financial services experience desirable
- Interest in markets, economics, company and security analysis
- CFA credentials or desire to pursue a CFA a plus
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Team-oriented and collaborative
- Hardworking with an ability to multi-task in a dynamic work environment
- Minimal travel (when allowed)
- While normal work hours are 8:00am – 5:00pm, at times it is necessary to work off hours to complete the required project at hand.
Note: This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.