Research Associate – Large Company Growth
Polen Capital is a global investment management firm advising approximately $65 billion in assets as of October 2023 and providing high value-added active strategies to a wide range of institutional and individual clients around the world. Since 1989, the Firm has been committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional professionals who are aligned with our goal of preserving and growing our clients’ assets to protect their present and enable their future.
Polen Capital has four autonomous investment teams that currently oversee global equities and U.S. credit - the Large Company Growth Team; Small Company Growth Team; Emerging Markets Growth Team; and U.S. High Yield Team – with offices in Boca Raton, Boston, London, and Hong Kong.
Polen Capital has been recognized by Pensions & Investments as one of the industry's "Best Places to Work" in each of the past seven years.
- Polen Capital is guided by three Core Values geared toward honoring our commitment to our clients and creating a positive culture and a cordial and productive professional environment: “Do the right thing,” “Do more than expected,” and “Respect the individual.”
- Mastery, autonomy, and purpose are key drivers for our people and behaviors.
- Polen Capital embraces a growth mindset, strives for continuous learning, communicates via radical candor, and is a Results-Only Work Environment
- Diversity of thought, unique perspectives and inclusivity are core beliefs at Polen Capital; we view a diverse workforce as essential in fostering a culture of empathy and open-minded collaboration.
Polen Capital is seeking a Research Associate for the Large Company Growth team based in our Boca Raton, FL office. The Associate will work with a highly skilled and experienced team and will be responsible for research and recommendations compatible with the Polen Capital Large Company philosophy.
- Be able to collaborate and communicate effectively inside a very tight-knit and integrated research team
- Research and recommend new companies for Large Company portfolios that fit within the time-tested Polen Capital philosophy
- Provide intensive on-going research on businesses already owned in the portfolio
- Be able to clearly articulate an investment thesis for both potential purchases and sales of portfolio companies
- Be able to interview management teams as part of the research process
- Collaborate with the Distribution Team to help promote the Polen Capital and its Large Company strategies to clients and prospective clients
- Have a long-term vision and commitment to the investment strategy, the team, and the firm
- Upcoming MBA graduates from Dec 2023-June 2024
- 3 - 5 years of business experience outside of the investment industry In-depth experience in financial statement analysis, modeling, and valuation
- Deep financial numeracy and strength in financial statement analysis, modeling and valuation.
- Interest in and passion for long-term investing in equity markets
- Must demonstrate intellectual curiosity, intellectual honesty, independent thought, and cognitive flexibility with a deep desire to continuously learn and grow
- Purpose-Driven: Starts with Why – in service of our communities, our clients, and each other
- Accountable: Operates with autonomy and drives towards results
- Emotionally Intelligent: Demonstrates self-awareness and interpersonal skills
- Grit: Persists in the face of adversity
- Lifelong Learner: Employs a growth mindset and strives to become more
- A resume and cover letter are required to apply. Please share who you are, why you’re where you are now, why investing and why Polen? Please email your submission to email@example.com
- This is a full-time position and ideally the last company you'll work for. We've worked hard to create a culture and environment that no one wants to leave.
- Full-time Employee
- Location: Boca Raton, FL
- Less than 10% travel expected
- Polen Capital is a ROWE (Results-Only Work Environment), offers employer-paid health benefits, paid parental leave, and annual individual learning budgets
Research shows that women and other underrepresented groups tend to apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. We are committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, men, people of color, veterans, the LGBTQ+ community, and those returning to the workforce to apply for positions even if they do not necessarily check every box outlined in the job description, including education level.
Polen Capital will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org