Research Investment Associate, Credit
We are a leading global investment firm and aim to help endowments & foundations, pension plans, and high net worth private clients implement and manage custom investment portfolios that generate outperformance and enable them to maximize their impact on the world. Working alongside its early clients, Cambridge Associates pioneered the strategy of high-equity orientation and broad diversification, which since its inception in the 1980s has been a primary driver of performance for institutional investors. Today, we deliver a range of portfolio management services, including outsourced CIO, non-discretionary portfolio management, investment staff extension, and asset class mandates. Cambridge Associates maintains offices in major financial centers across the globe, with headquarters in Boston, MA.
Working with some of the world’s most sophisticated institutional investors, we bring a deep knowledge of portfolio management best practices to the clients we serve, and select our colleagues with great attention to their potential to become a valuable member of a collaborative, intelligent and hard-working team.
- Work with Investment Directors to complete in-depth due diligence reports on private credit fund investment opportunities. Responsibilities include: meeting managers and assisting the Private Credit team in forming opinions on investment opportunities; analyzing fund performance using sensitivity analyses and other methods; evaluating the team, strategy, pros and cons, and fund economics; traveling to onsite meetings; participating in all aspects of the due diligence process.
- Actively engage in fundraising and monitoring meetings with fund portfolio managers and general partners. Participate in the manager assessment process by discussing opinions with the team and writing summaries of each meeting for distribution internally and externally.
- Attend and participate in monthly rating meetings during which the Credit Investment Committee reviews and determines the suitability of investment opportunities for CA clients’ portfolios.
- Serve as a resource to colleagues seeking information on private credit investment opportunities and market statistics, including data and analysis, comparisons of fund managers, and the opinions of the Private Credit team.
- Plan and present trainings on Private Credit (along with other members of the Credit Investment Group) to incoming classes of Investment Associates.
- Bachelor’s degree (any major) with a strong record of achievement
- 0-2 years of experience; relevant financial services work and/or internship experience preferred
- Interest in investing and financial markets; familiarity with financial basics a plus
- Demonstrated facility for clear and organized writing, especially business writing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think analytically and comprehensively
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint Skills
- Comfortable working as part of team, but also willing to take initiative as appropriate
All applications must include a resume and cover letter
Cambridge Associates is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion are essential elements of our culture. We are committed to fostering an environment where individual perspectives, backgrounds, and life experiences make the firm a great place to work, and result in a more satisfying client experience.