Alvarez & Marsal Turnaround and Restructuring
Offices: New York City & Atlanta
Alvarez & Marsal, LLC, a leading independent global professional services firm, specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and corporate advisory services, is seeking to expand its Restructuring team in NYC & Atlanta. With more than 4,000 professionals based in locations across North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, our firm excels in problem-solving and value creation. Drawing on a strong operational heritage and hands-on approach, our professionals work closely with organizations and stakeholders to help tackle complex business issues and maximize value.
A Director will be required to work on a diverse range of complex assignments, alongside other experienced management professionals, in the areas of turnaround management, crisis and interim management, and advisory services.
A Director can expect to focus on all aspects of financial and operational restructuring and turnaround initiatives both in and out of bankruptcy or fiscal distress. Among other key tasks and efforts, Directors oversee stabilizing core operations; formulating and managing turnaround plans; negotiating with senior management, unions and vendors, managing staff, and directly applying specialized or technical expertise to finance, accounting, or other designated functional areas; and the day-to-day management of operations as diverse as finance, human resources, procurement, logistics, transportation, etc.
This person will provide direction in the planning, development and implementation of policies, procedures and services which adhere to approved plans, budgets and schedules for their respective units. They are responsible for selection, training and performance evaluations of their staff in their units.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field, with ten + years of previous related business operations consulting, investment banking, commercial banking, accounting; or restructuring experience;
- MBA or other advanced degree or certification preferred.
- Ability to identify key operational performance drivers, cash flow forecasting, and flexibility to support clients with a broad array of issues;
- Strong financial modeling experience and solid understanding of financial statements;
- Demonstrated management capability and operational experience;
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills;
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with the ability to communicate with all levels of client personnel;
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting integrity, leadership and objectivity;
- Team player who can excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, challenging work environment; and
- Can head a small project or a portion of a large project
- Possess authoritative qualities in order to be viewed as a leader
- Solid finance and accounting background
- Experience in developing a business plan
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Alvarez & Marsal was founded in 1983 when Tony Alvarez II and Bryan Marsal recognized the opportunity to provide radically different advice and hands-on support to organizations facing operational and financial hurdles – situations demanding action, objectivity and real results.
Mavericks determined to challenge the prevailing approach to management consulting, Alvarez & Marsal's (A&M) founders helped pave the way for what became an industry: turnaround management, corporate restructuring and performance improvement for companies and stakeholders.
Often compared to corporate doctors, the founders built a culture through the years – blending together a mix of operating managers, functional experts and consultants. The firm grew at a measured pace to maintain quality and increase A&M's global reach and capabilities.
Committed to its core values, A&M has since evolved from a boutique player to the premier independent global professional services firm with a reputation for providing leadership, problem-solving and value-creation to under performing and robust companies across the industry spectrum. The firm today tackles wide ranging issues, with a focus on preserving and maximizing enterprise value.
With an operational heritage and depth of senior resources, A&M teams are able to rapidly diagnose and execute practical solutions in complex business environments by:
- Understanding Opportunities and Challenges
- Collaborating and Listening
- Planning and Partnering
- Building Consensus
- Supporting and Guiding / Leading
- Establishing a Self-Sustaining Organization
When the stakes are high, companies and stakeholders look to A&M to help find the right answer and deliver the solution in a variety of service areas. Whether serving as trusted advisers or in interim management roles to accelerate positive change, A&M professionals are on the ground across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Latin America – drawing on a proud operational heritage, never resting on our laurels.