Retirement Plan Manager – N. CA/Pacific Northwest
Retirement & Personal Wealth Solutions (RPWS) serves the core financial needs of individual clients and plan participants by connecting our capabilities across the firm. RPWS is responsible for the development and execution of a comprehensive set of personal wealth and retirement products and services through Banking, Merrill Edge and Advisory channels. RPWS provides tools and content that enables financial advisors and bankers to help their client’s live better financial lives.
- Responsible for driving growth across DC/DB/NQ products in a specified geographic region to retirement clients with $5-100M in plan assets
- Prepares and delivers client presentations in partnership with ML Advisors from Discovery to Finals stage, and offers guidance through the on-boarding process to ensure an optimal client transition experience
- Effectively manages multiple facets of the sales process including meeting coordination, RFP responses, product comparisons, proposals, follow-up items/activities, etc.
- Engages in business development activities with Advisors to promote the benefits of retirement plan business, construct strategic prospecting plans and prepare Advisors for effective client engagement from point-of-sale through the duration of the relationship
- Engages with Advisory leaders to best align activities with shared goals and optimize business results through a collaborative partnership
- May assist in maintaining client relationships, perhaps with relationship management and/or plan administration staff.
- Develops relationships with key BAML stakeholders to drive issue resolution and deliver marketplace intelligence to assist with product evolution
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have 7 & 66 licenses
- Life & Variable Insurance licenses required (or ability obtain within Compliance Deadline)
- 10 years of Retirement plan experience, of which five or more should be sales related
- Strong financial aptitude
- Superior technical expertise in retirement plans required, with a strong acumen of the competitive landscape.
- Ability to communicate complex information to a wide variety of personnel in a clear, concise and well-organized manner.
- Strong interpersonal/rapport building skills are required to build relationships with Priority FAs and prospective clients and to enhance Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s image in the Retirement marketplace.
- Proficiency in use of MS Office suite of tools.
- Familiarity with managing activities and pipeline in a CRM tool (experience with SalesForce.com is preferred).
- Approximately up to 75%% travel (within specified territory)
Walnut Creek, CA, 1331 N CALIFORNIA BLVD (CA4813),
Mill Valley, CA, 2 BELVEDERE PL (CA4814),
San Francisco, CA, 555 California St (CA5705),
Seattle, WA, THE FINANCIAL CENTER, 1215 4TH AVE,
Bellevue, WA, 400 Lincoln Square, 10400 NE 4th St,
- United States
Travel: Yes, 75% of the time
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift