Founded in 1979, Polen Capital is a global investment management firm advising over $28 billion in assets and providing growth investment strategies to sophisticated clients around the world. The Firm seeks to attract, develop, and retain exceptional professionals who are committed to our goal of preserving and growing our clients’ assets to protect their present and enable their future.
Polen Capital has two autonomous investment teams that oversee a global equities universe of high-quality growth companies. Our Boca Raton-based (HQ) Large Company Growth team manages three large company strategies: Focus U.S. Growth, Global Growth, and International Growth. Our Boston-based Small Company Growth team manages two small cap strategies: U.S. Small Company Growth and International Small Company Growth. Over time, Polen Capital plans to develop additional high value-added investment teams and strategies to enhance our ability to deliver our value proposition to a broader set of clients. These strategies are offered through various investment vehicles to accommodate a broad range of client mandates.
- Polen Capital is a growth company – Over the past five years Polen Capital has experienced significant growth, becoming a leader in active growth investment management. As such, the RFP Specialist will help support this exciting stage of the Firm's global expansion.
- Meritocracy environment – Polen Capital prides itself on being a pure meritocracy company, allowing exceptional employees to be rewarded for exceptional work.
- Entrepreneurial setting – While the Company has over 75 employees and has been in business for 30+ years, it continues to grow year-over-year, thus giving the RFP Specialist a unique opportunity to help build and shape an enterprise with a highly skilled, tight-knit marketing team.
We are seeking an RFP Specialist based in either our Boston, Massachusetts office or our Boca Raton, Florida office. This position requires effective time-management, organization, problem solving, teamwork, collaboration and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will be adept at taking direction when appropriate, with the ability to work independently and coordinate efforts from multiple parties with strict deadlines.
Core responsibilities of this position include preparing responses to RFPs, RFIs and questionnaires for clients and prospective clients, as well as populating client, advisor, consultant databases and marketing deliverables with statistical, financial and non-financial information, along with updating consultant and third-party databases. The role works to represent Polen Capital and its investment capabilities to current/future clients and prospects while maximizing Polen Capital’s reach within consultant databases.
This is an opportunity to join a growing team in a fast-paced and challenging work environment. This position offers the unique opportunity to be exposed to a broad range of equity strategies as part of the centralized marketing group, interacting with various internal teams to ensure materials are clearly and effectively communicating the Firm’s principles.
- Complete high-quality RFPs and RFIs that successfully move the firm to the next stage of the client’s selection process
- Prepare accurate DDQs and other ad hoc deliverables related to client, advisor, consultant and platform research requests
- Create and/or update data and content in external databases (e.g., eVestment, Morningstar, proprietary consultant databases)
- Organize and understand statistical data to complete questionnaire and database submissions
- Develop and maintain an understanding of Firm culture, capabilities, investment philosophy and processes
- Serve as a liaison with internal teams to ensure responses capture the most current information
- Serve as peer reviewer for other team members
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field
- Minimum 2-4 years of related experience, preferably in asset management or financial services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively under tight deadlines
- Self-starter and demonstrated ability to work on multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to leverage technology and develop efficient processes and workflows
- Solid understanding of equity strategies a plus
- Computer proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of RFP databases (e.g., Qvidian) helpful, but not necessary
- Full-time Employee
- Location – Boston, MA or Boca Raton, FL
- Polen Capital is a ROWE (Results-Only Work Environment) and offers competitive health benefits
Qualified candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org