Sales Director – Large Market Retirement Recordkeeping Plans
There is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on today and in the future. The work we do matters. We invite you to explore the opportunity to join us and grow your career with us.
**Location: Remote role open to candidates located in the following territory:
TX, NM, CO, OK, KS, MS, AR, and LA **
Deliver full-service 401(k) platform bundled recordkeeping to qualified DC plans in the $50M+ segment through advisors, consultants and directly to plan sponsors in the assigned territory. The territory will be determined in consultation with the successful candidate. Develop the assigned territory advisor and consultant relationships for the purpose of repeat business and long-term sales success.
The sales professional will need to:
- Execute a detailed segmentation strategy to identify and develop the select mid-market advisors and consultants who regularly work in the target market and understand their sales strategy.
- Maintain and ultimately increase the current close/win ratio including RFPs and finals presentations.
- Research and maintain an understanding of each client/prospect in order to draft strategic answers to RFP questions.
- Work collaboratively with dedicated internal Sales Support Liaison to deliver RFPs, sales results, manage pipeline, cold call, and develop the territory for long term success.
- Develop strategy and actively participate in finals and site visit deal prep with all team members, including review of all prospect materials.
To be accomplished within the first 6 months:
- Identify and create specific target lists, based upon defined criteria.
- Continually profile key advisor prospects to measure current success against targeted goals
- Continually develop relationships with advisors to gain market intelligence and ensure receipt of RFI/RFPs.
- Describe and create effective sales formula and create a territory business plan that includes the following:
- Bi-Weekly 1 on 1 planning and sales discussions.
- Deal specific win strategy planning.
- Client specific prep meetings to learn everything relevant about that client.
- Gather information to better understand each client, organize it, and engage each prospect to provide research about their plans. This would include accessing all plan documents, 5500s, 10K, etc. and use that information to better position T. Rowe in closing business.
- Planned Marketing Events and best practices sessions for Advisors and Consultants.
- Identify preferred DCIO partners to provide leads and introductions.
- Four year college degree required
- Minimum 5+ years sales experience in retirement platform sales through intermediaries with an emphasis on recordkeeping
- Comprehensive knowledge of 401(k) service components, industry trends, fiduciary responsibility, advisor value proposition and emerging best practices
- Polished, articulate, research driven sales person with consultative selling style leading to success in committee and boardroom presentations
- Extraordinary attention to detail (grammar, proofreading, typos) which is necessary to ‘work deals’ and manage pipeline of opportunities throughout sales cycle
- Strong knowledge of retirement industry and ERISA
- This role requires FINRA Series 6 & 63 licensure
FINRA licenses are required and will be supported for this role.
This role is eligible for remote work up to two days a week.
Base salary range for the primary location of:
Colorado Springs, CO $124,000.00 - $224,000.00 USD
Placement within the range provided above is based on the individual’s relevant experience and skills for the role. Base salary is only one component of our total compensation package. Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus, which is determined upon company and individual performance. Salary range disclosure as required by sb1162 when hiring in California, sb19-085 when hiring in Colorado, S9427A when hiring in New York, and SB5761 when hiring in the State of Washington.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We strive for equity, equality, and opportunity for all associates. When we embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work, our firm is stronger, and we create greater value for our clients. Our commitment and inclusive programming aim to lift the experience for each associate and builds allies for our global associate community. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at the firm, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
Benefits: We invest in our people through a wide range of programs and benefits, including:
- Competitive pay and bonuses as well as a generous retirement plan and employee stock purchase plan with matching contributions
- Flexible and remote work opportunities
- Health care benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Tuition assistance
- Wellness programs (fitness reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program)
Our policies may change as our working lives evolve. Yet, our commitment to supporting our associates’ well-being and addressing the needs of our clients, business, and communities is unwavering.