Senior Actuarial Analyst
Verus is in search of a Senior Actuarial Analyst to join our Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, or Pittsburgh office, or to join remotely from the Chicago area until an office is established there.
The Senior Actuarial Analyst educates and influences institutional client decision making around determining the proper asset allocation considering liabilities. They provide thought leadership on asset and liability modelling and oversee the process of creating related studies and client deliverables.
- Provide thought leadership on asset liability matching and modelling
- Work with consultants to design and produce asset/liability and asset allocation studies for institutional investors
- Serve as liaison and collaborator with our liability software provider (ProVal)
- Produce client materials showing risk analysis by source, tracking error, stress tests, and scenario analysis
- Support general and risk consultants on ad hoc projects by helping with:
- Document and communicate underlying risks, hedge strategies, and scenario analysis to consultants;
- Supervise the formulation and modeling of strategies, including technique and instrument selection;
- Disseminate perspectives on asset allocation by managing and monitoring the risk and allocation of client assets, examining and assessing trends and potential impacts, recommending appropriate adjustments to Investment Policy Statements, and developing/maintaining procedures for asset and risk allocation management
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, actuarial science, economics, mathematics, or related field of study required
- Experience with databases and statistical analysis (SQL/SAS)
- Knowledge or training in computer programming
- Passed at least three exams through the Society of Actuaries (SOA). Enrolled Actuary and an ASA designation preferred.
- Knowledge of defined benefit plans a must
- 5 years of experience working at an actuarial firm
- Experience with asset allocation and risk models a plus
- Experience with ProVal a plus
$100,000 - $135,000 annual
Salary offered to candidates is determined by factoring in market pay, internal peer equity, education, credentials, relevant skills and expertise, past employment experience, and geographic pay differentials.
To apply please visit our Verus Career Website here: https://www.verusinvestments.com/careers/
Verus is an independent, institutional investment consulting firm. Since 1986, we have been working closely with our clients and other professionals to add value to their investment portfolios by providing research driven investment solutions that address their specific needs. Through independent, conflict-free advice and investment expertise, our professionals strive to be the driving force that empowers clients to achieve their investment objectives. We are looking for a talented professional who embodies our firm values of diligence, professionalism, expertise, client service, and collaboration.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability, and vision insurance; 401(k) program with a company match; section 125 cafeteria plan; CFA and other professional certifications sponsorship; 13 paid holidays; and 15 days of paid time off the first year of employment.
In addition, our boutique firm allows us to have an exceptionally convivial corporate culture with opportunities for career development and cross-departmental collaboration. On top of strengthening growth and partnerships in the work environment, Verus promotes happy and healthy living with a variety of employee appreciation initiatives, a good sense of humor, and several company events throughout the year.
Verus is dedicated to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. We seek employees from all backgrounds to join our teams, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic and best selves to work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), disability, age, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, medical condition, military or veteran status.