Senior Analyst or Associate, Impact Venture Capital
SJF is currently investing out of SJF Ventures IV, a $125 million fund. Focus areas include clean energy, mobility, asset recovery and logistics, food, education, health and wellness, employment tech, and consumer and enterprise software. Please see www.sjfventures.com for more information.
Senior Analyst or Associate Position:
SJF is seeking a senior analyst or associate. This position is suited for talented and experienced individuals who are eager to develop skills in venture capital and impact investing. SJF promotes a horizontal culture in which individuals at all levels are integrated into the venture capital process.
The individual will be located in SJF’s New York, San Francisco Bay Area or Durham office and will work with multiple members of SJF’s investment team. Representative responsibilities will include:
- Identifying investment prospects through research and networking at industry events, reviewing company presentations, performing due diligence on prospect companies, researching industries and competitors, and building and reviewing financial models.
- Supporting portfolio companies in business development and strategy, financing, recruitment, exit events, and impact acceleration initiatives.
- Supporting SJF’s operational activities including marketing and fund administration.
- Engaging with the SJF investment team to provide new ideas and perspectives on identifying and supporting promising impact businesses.
- Exceptional analytical abilities, which have been demonstrated through work and/or academic accomplishments.
- Demonstrated interest in venture capital and impact investing.
- Initiative and ability to work independently.
- At least two years of work experience in a relevant field, including venture capital, private equity, investment banking, entrepreneurship, management consulting or operating companies. Operating experience in one of SJF’s investment sectors a plus, but not required. Graduate school degree not required.
- Financial modeling skills.
- Background and experience that enhance diversity of perspectives at SJF Ventures.
- Interest in developing impact venture capital skills rapidly in a position that is designed to last two to three years. (Longer-term roles may be considered based on circumstances at the time.)
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume using the link below. SJF Ventures is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply via the Workable link below. All candidate interactions with the SJF team will be through the Workable job application platform. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.