(Senior) Analyst, Primaries Investment
Functional Title: (Senior) Analyst, Primaries
Rank: Analyst or Senior Analyst, pending experience level
Department: Primaries, USA
Office: New York
To Apply: Please email your resume and cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Capital Dynamics:
Capital Dynamics is an independent global asset management firm focusing on private assets including private equity, private credit and clean energy infrastructure. Capital Dynamics offers a diversified range of tailored offerings and customized solutions for a broad, global client base, including corporations, family offices, foundations and endowments, high net worth individuals, pension funds and others. We oversee more than USD 15 billion in assets under management and advisement. Capital Dynamics is distinguished by its deep and sustained partnerships with clients, a culture that attracts entrepreneurial thought leaders and a commitment to providing innovative ideas and solutions for its clients.
The Primaries Analyst will be a member of the Private Equity Investment Management Division, inclusive of the Global Primaries team, and specifically, a member of the US Primaries team.
The Primaries Analyst will support the US Primaries team in allocating capital across various top-performing private equity managers throughout North America and with respect to all client related activities as detailed below.
The Primaries Analyst will be responsible for the quantitative analysis models for private equity due diligences and be able to analyze statistical information and conduct quantitative industry / investment research.
They will also draft investment memoranda, present at Investment Management and Investment Committee meetings, and participate in meetings with PE managers (US) as well as drafting meeting memos to be shared with the broader investment team.
They will also conduct a broad range of client related tasks and other ad hoc requirements.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Run quantitative analysis models for private equity (“PE”) due diligences
• Analyze statistical information and conduct quantitative industry/investment research
• Draft investment proposals and present at Investment Management and Investment Committee meetings.
• Conduct and document Responsible Investment/ ESG due diligence, operational due diligence and legal review
• Participate in meetings with PE managers (US) and draft meeting memos to be shared with the broader investment team
• Participate in and document investment related calls
• Review, analyze and document incoming primary fund deal flow
• Assist with preparation of marketing materials
• Ad Hoc IM administrative duties
• Attend client calls and meetings with senior IM team members
• Report on existing products
• Attend AGMs of existing PE funds (US), as required
• Travel will be required (when safe to do so)
This description is for guidance purposes only. You may be required to fulfil additional roles and perform additional duties as required from time to time.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree from top-tier institution
• One to three years’ relevant experience in private equity, asset management, investment banking, consulting or a closely related field
• Strong financial modeling and writing skills
• Intellectually curious, proactive and self-motivated
• Highly developed quantitative skills (financial analysis, modeling, valuation and reporting)
• Exceptional attention to detail with ability to produce high quality work
• Project management and presentation skills combined with multi-tasking abilities
• Highly developed verbal/written communication skills (articulate, balanced and persuasive)
• Agile communicator, commercially-minded
• Some understanding of the legal framework and documentation typical of primaries investments is preferable
• Ability to complete tasks quickly and efficiently, having regard to changing priorities, differing time zones and geographies
Diversity and Inclusion:
Capital Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to creating a global diverse workforce. We are a global company with 24 nationalities represented across our staff in 13 offices, spanning North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. We believe diversity and inclusion (“D&I”) is key to being better at what we do and our initiatives are designed to attract, develop, and advance the most talented individuals, regardless of race, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, disability status or any other dimension of diversity.
To Apply: Please email your Resume and cover note to email@example.com