Senior Data Governance Specialist
BNY Mellon Investment Management is one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers. Our business encompasses BNY Mellon's affiliated investment management firms, wealth management organization, and global distribution companies. Our goal is to build and deliver investment and wealth management strategies and solutions to meet our clients’ needs.
Drawing on deep expertise, we collaborate with our clients to tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific requirements. Through our global network we have developed a significant understanding of local requirements. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our teams.
With extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments planned giving programs, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management can help our clients reach their goals.
As a member of the business function the role is aligned with, individuals in the role are responsible for addressing data matters and managing day-to-day activities related to the functions use of data.
- Specifically, helps establish enterprise data principles, standards and guidelines on behalf of the area he/she represents.
- Ensures data governance rules are communicated and adopted within assigned areas.
- Serves as the single point of contact for the function/enterprise control function for understanding, disseminating and adopting applicable principles and standards.
- Educates the function on use of data tools and processes within the tools.
- Mentors on deep use of data and data culture.
- Maintains the integrity of the data that resides in the function s data systems.
- Consults with other data governance colleagues to identify data tiers, definitions, and business rules in support of data tiering and data metering. In certain cases, owns data marts and defines business requirements, maintains a data dictionary for the appropriate data mart, educates and trains users and provides support and data views which facilitates analysis and reporting activities.
- Facilitates the creation of the business logic behind all data transformations and co-authors business rules with the Data Owners and Data Custodians.
- Develops and executes validation processes for data and business intelligence-view data, including assessment and monitoring of data quality issues in alignment with policy.
- Oversees data cleansing/remediation activities. Works with the Data Custodian to achieve optimal data mart performance and availability.
- Enables the attestation process.
- Provide guidance to more junior team members.
- Contributes to the achievement of functional objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, actuarial science, finance, economics, mathematics/statistics or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 5-7 years of total work experience preferred. Experience preferred in ensuring departmental data integrity, assessing and monitoring data quality issues against policies.
- Creating business logic and rules, creating, editing, modifying, sharing and restricting access to data, monitoring and/or escalating data quality issues until resolution, attesting to data integrity as delivered to users, data tiering and data metering, remediating unresolved data incidents, defining the health and proper usage of owned data throughout the enterprise, serving in a data governance role in financial services.