Senior Investment Analyst, Real Assets
The Senior Investment Analyst will be an integral participant in building and monitoring the Trust’s portfolio. The Trust uses a generalist model, although this individual will report to the Director of Real Assets, they will be expected to function across the team and be exposed to multiple asset classes. This individual should thrive in an entrepreneurial and hands-on culture with on-the-job training augmented with mentoring by senior members of the Investment staff. In particular, the collaborative culture of the Trust offers the opportunity to gain broad experience across investment functions including traditional and alternative asset classes.
Portfolio Strategy and Performance Monitoring
- Performs fundamental and statistical investment analysis for potential investment opportunities
- Ability to consolidate and assimilate various forms of data and information into a cohesive analysis and presentation
- Communicates analysis of investment opportunities, results, and recommendations through verbal and written reports and presentations, including preparing qualitative and quantitative reports, memoranda, and spreadsheets
- Work with the investment team and external investment manager relationships to identify, explore and develop private market investment solutions appropriate to the Trust’s risk and return objectives
- Assist in developing and implementing strategies and geographic / style mix appropriate to the Trust’s risk and return objectives
- Develop and improve monitoring process for investment exposure in a way that enhances the Investment team’s ability to understand and manage these exposures
- Develop value added relationships with best-in-class investment organizations that maximize access to best ideas from each organization that may help further enhance the Trust’s Investment strategies and process going forward
- Analyze investment strategies to monitor the relative risk reward
- Existing manager portfolio monitoring, manager reviews and performance analysis
Investment Manager Diligence
- Manager sourcing including market mapping, desktop, and manager due diligence
- Perform appropriate quantitative and qualitative analysis and related written documentation for investment manager due diligence. Position will require some travel
- Interface with investment professionals at best-in-class investment organizations to understand and gauge each organization’s ability to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns
- Preparing and presenting investment materials
- Develop value-added relationships with institutional quality investment organizations to maximize access to best ideas with goal of enhancing the Trust’s investment strategies and processes going forward
- Evaluates portfolio diversification by geography, sector type, and investment style
- Assists with the development, monitoring, and reporting of portfolio investments
- Prepares reports related to performance, risk, and other ad hoc reports related to the Real Assets portfolio
- Utilizes Trust portfolio management systems such as iLEVEL, Code Red
- Performs related work as assigned
This list details the Trust’s assignment of essential functions to this position. Other duties or tasks may be assigned to this position. This job description is subject to change at any time.
- Financial modeling (developing integrated and complex financial models), data management, research and analysis of historical financial data
- Asset class experience in alternatives (real estate, infrastructure, energy etc.) preferred but not required
- Highly proficient in personal computer skills and use of software (Microsoft suite and other applicable investment tools)
- CFA/CAIA designation or progress towards
Personal Effectiveness Competencies
All employees of the Trust are expected to demonstrate relevant personal effectiveness competencies as specified in the Trust’s competency definitions.
Minimum Required Experience
- At least two years of investment experience, preferably in investment management, consulting and / or other relevant roles
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated interest in investments
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated self-starter with ability to work with limited supervision
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical abilities
Education, Professional Certifications and Licensure
Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business, Finance, or related subjects
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- The physical requirements of this position are typical of office work.
- Some travel between Trust sites.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Generous paid time off
- 4% flat employer 401K contribution plus additional employer paid match up to 4%
- Health & wellbeing benefits
- Partial remote work option