Senior Investment Strategist
Reporting directly to the Global Chief Economist for BNY Mellon Investment Management, the Senior Investment Strategist will serve as the primary contact for our largest and most complex institutional clients, prospects and consultants, providing ongoing updates about the investment philosophy, process, and performance across asset classes (Equity, Fixed Income, Multi-Asset, and Alternatives) and vehicles (mutual funds, SMA, bank collective trusts, separate accounts, private/illiquid).
The focus of the role will be to create models/thesis/insights to help shape key strategy and portfolio construction. This person will participate in and drive investment strategy meetings with portfolio managers and develop new products. In addition, this individual will be accountable for generating and implementing investment ideas and solutions for specific strategies, with the goal of contributing to investment results.
Integral to the business development effort, the Senior Investment Strategist will serve as the primary investment contact for clients who are tied to significant AUM and revenue. There is a need to Influence others by demonstrating strong investment ability and communicating and engaging with colleagues, utilizing written investment commentary. The Senior Investment Strategist will oversee the development and updating of current RFP responses, questionnaires and marketing materials, and prepare investment commentary for firm client letters and newsletters.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provides ongoing updates about the investment philosophy, process, and performance of specific products in specific asset classes.
- Create models/thesis/insights to help shape key strategy and portfolio construction.
- Recruit, direct, motivate and develop the team, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
- Manage the investment strategist function with a supervised team.
- Proactively driving a strong investment strategy and communication effort with clients and prospects.
- Ensure the team is well equipped to operationalize and attain successful performance.
- In some regions, may serve as the primary interface for jurisdictional/regulatory matters and may have entity governance responsibilities.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
- 10-15 years of total work experience preferred and over 10 years of investment experience preferred.
- Demonstrates a high degree of technical acumen specifically around general investment concepts such as asset allocation, portfolio construction, risk budgeting, asset-liability management, derivatives usage and implementation, trading, and risk management
- Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
- As global firm, bi-lingual capabilities are helpful as is an understanding of local/cultural nuances important for client trust.