Senior Manager Research Analyst
RVK is an independently owned, national firm with headquarters in Portland, OR and regional offices in Boise, ID, Chicago, IL, and New York, NY. We provide unbiased investment consulting services to nearly 200 institutional clients, including corporations, public retirement systems, Taft-Hartley funds, non-profit organizations, non-pension operating funds, high-net-worth individuals and families, and other special purpose funds. The heart of RVK is our team-centered approach to client service, provided by our experienced team of investment consulting professionals. RVK is one of the ten largest investment consulting firms in the world, as reported by Pensions & Investments, and is the only firm to be named a Greenwich Quality Leader among large U.S. investment consultants for a third consecutive year.*
The Senior Manager Research Analyst (SMRA) is responsible for a wide range of investment manager research projects across a range of different fixed income assets, providing support to the Investment Management Research Consultants.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead initial discovery and evaluation of investment managers within assigned fixed income sub-asset classes
- Identify and monitor best-in-class investment options within relevant fixed income asset classes
- Assist clients and client service teams in the evaluation of existing client fixed income portfolios and manager structures, and recommend potential changes and augmentations
- Communicate key recommendation changes and supporting rationale to the appropriate Manager Research Consultant and/or the Fixed Income Asset Class Director
- Work with client teams to determine the most appropriate candidates for investment manager searches and processing client materials
- Work directly with clients and client teams to manage requests, including the manager search process, and determine the best available candidates within the available universe of relevant fixed income product types
- Communicate asset class research to clients and consulting teams effectively through both written and verbal communication
- Update and maintain systems to help facilitate the processing of searches including the refinement of RVK’s current methods
- Communicate with investment managers, documenting and understanding firm changes, team changes, and portfolio exposures
- Meet with investment managers in-person, via conference call, or on-site at investment managers’ offices
- Complete regular reviews of the asset class, broad market evaluation, the identification of the best available relative value within coverage areas, and key manager exposure analysis
- Keep RVK’s consulting teams informed of any pertinent information and significant developments regarding our clients’ investment managers or major market-driven developments within relevant coverage areas
- Provide training and mentoring to Manager Research Analysts on research activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Economics
- Chartered Financial Analyst® designation and/or Master’s degree preferred
- Three (3) years of industry experience in investment manager research or related endeavors preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively coupled with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to excel in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to travel (averages 2-5 days per month)
- Familiarity with research database tools such as Evestment Alliance®, Morningstar®, Markoff Processes International®, Lexis Nexis®
RVK offers a competitive benefits package to full-time regular employees including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k) retirement plan, pretax medical flexible-spending, dependent care, transportation with subsidy after one year of service, tuition reimbursement to enhance career development, and a generous paid-time-off program. Come join a company that rewards hard work and appreciates its employees!
To learn more about our company, please visit us at http://rvkinc.com. If you enjoy working collaboratively with others and consider yourself to be a creative thinker, then contact us today! For immediate consideration, please apply through our company website by clicking on Career Opportunities on the home page.
You will need to submit a cover letter explaining how your skills and abilities meet the qualifications and a copy of your résumé. We request that you submit your materials in a PDF format.
We receive a significant volume of applicants and cannot respond to each applicant individually. We review all applications and will contact only those candidates whose skills, experience, and qualifications meet our requirements for the position. Please do not contact us regarding the status of your application. No phone calls, faxes, or temporary staffing agencies, please.
All applications must be through the company website. No direct solicitations will be accepted. RVK supports workforce diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. As an EEO employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
*Between July and October 2019, Greenwich Associates conducted interviews with 1,100 individuals at 896 of the largest tax-exempt funds in the United States, including corporate and union funds, public funds, endowments and foundations with either pension or investment pool assets greater than $150 million. Study participants were asked to provide quantitative and qualitative evaluations of their asset managers and investment consultants, including qualitative assessments of those firms soliciting their business and detailed information on important market trends. RVK is one of three firms recognized in the large investment consultant category. The ratings may not be representative of any one client’s experience with RVK; rather they are representative of those clients submitted and that chose to participate in the survey. The results are not indicative of RVK’s future performance. To read the Greenwich article, please click here.