Senior Portfolio Analyst
Req Id: 2989
Job location: Boston, MA, US, 02108
Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. As one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S., we specialize in products designed to help people protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts. We are built on a foundation of experience and knowledge, which allows us to keep our promises and provide the value they deserve.
At Brighthouse Financial, we're fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we're better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security. We're se eking passionate, high-performing team member to join us. Sound like you? Read on.
How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
Manager-of-manager role responsible for selecting, evaluating and monitoring external investment managers (sub-advisers) who themselves manage traditional equity and fixed income funds. Key position on the Investment Research and Analysis team for a '40-Act Adviser group reporting to an outside Funds Board. Position will oversee multiple traditional asset classes and managers.
To protect the health and safety of our employees, our offices are closed until at least mid-September 2021. When our offices reopen, the individual hired for this role will be based in our Boston, MA office.
The Senior Portfolio Analyst will provide investment oversight and evaluation of investment activities in assigned portfolios. This role will also assist in the manager search and selection process when required.
- Provide quantitative, qualitative and peer group analysis along with timely updates of assigned portfolios which include both equity and fixed income
- Utilize investment-related software to aid in the evaluation of managers and in the formulation of recommendations and analysis
- Run and analyze performance attribution analysis for assigned portfolios and document findings in written reports
- Lead on-site meetings to evaluate and monitor portfolio management teams on the platform (some travel required, to resume when appropriate)
- Lead interim meetings with managers
- Support the coordination, preparation, and timely delivery of Board materials
- Support the review and proofreading process of product and trust prospectuses for the November and May update windows, as well as other required documentation
- Effectively communicate and promote our investment philosophy to clients, consultants and internal constituents
- Support sales and service activities for internal wholesalers and third-party intermediaries
- Work with investment marketing to ensure prompt and accurate performance and other investment related communications for advisor, consultant and wholesaler requests
- Oversee ad hoc requests as necessary
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of relevant investment experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of various investment managers / fund complexes, products and styles across all asset classes.
- Mature self-starter and detail-oriented team player with excellent research, communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills.
- Independent thinker who can formulate and articulate original ideas and efficiently research various investment-related topics.
- Strong presentation and writing skills.
- CFA/CAIA/FRM and similar designations (or progress towards) are highly preferred.
- Proficiency with investment analytics such as Bloomberg, Morningstar Direct, and Lipper as well as the Microsoft Office suite. Working knowledge of Aladdin a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams simultaneously and under deadline.
- MBA or Master's Degree, especially with significant coursework in finance or related discipline a plus.
- Expert user of Microsoft Excel. Demonstrated ability to illustrate data visually using appropriate charts, graphs and tables. VBA experience a plus.
- Knowledge of insurance business dynamics, especially within variable annuities, is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with different stakeholders internally and externally.
- Series 6 or 7, or the ability to obtain within 90 days.
- Time Off: Minimum of 20 days of paid time off and 13 paid company holidays per full calendar year, plus paid volunteer time
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan with up to a 6% annual match and 3% annual company nondiscretionary contribution of eligible compensation, annual incentive plan, and employee stock purchase plan
- Family Focus: Up to 16 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, and adoption and surrogacy assistance
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with potential company contributions up to $1,000 per family
- Wellness Programs: Wellness incentive platform, employee assistance program, financial counseling services, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability