Senior Retirement Plan Sales Executive–San Francisco/San Jose
There is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on today and in the future. The work we do matters. We invite you to explore the opportunity to join us and grow your career with us.
T. Rowe Price Retirement Plan Services, the firm's full-service recordkeeping unit, has been an industry leader for more than 30 years. It currently serves over 2million plan participants across more than 5,700 plans with $1.4 trillion in assets under management, half of which are retirement related assets. In recent years, the firm has been expanding its commitment to the business, building out capabilities to serve plans of all sizes and types, adding key talent, and supporting participants through web, mobile and phone channels. The business enjoys industry-leading client satisfaction scores.
Senior Retirement Plan Sales Executive
The Senior Retirement Plan Sales Executive sells 401(k) Retirement Plan Services (RPS) full-service recordkeeping to small and mid-market clients (Defined Contribution plans under $50 million in AUA) with the objective of creating a partnership with T. Rowe Price. This incumbent works with the most complex and strategic sales opportunities.
The Sales Director will be based in the geographical territory in which he/she resides, and where he/she has an established network.
- Develops sales pipeline through multiple marketing activities. This includes attending conferences, networking with competitors to stay current on industry practices, developing consultant and sponsor relationships through face-to-face meetings. Actively develops relationships with intermediaries in segments.
- Manages all aspects of the sales cycle including, but not limited to, development and execution of the proposal; determining sales strategy; developing presentations and orchestrating all of the internal lines of business and resources. In addition, this person is responsible for leading / preparing the deal team and negotiating final terms of the sale.
- Builds effective working relationships with internal partners, working groups and other internal distribution channels. Leverages sales support resources to develop RFP and coordinate activities throughout the sales process. Provide sales support strategic guidance regarding T. Rowe Price offering for unique client needs.
- Keeps abreast of the current industry trends and practices. This is through networking with colleagues (outside of RPS) in the Defined Contribution business and exchanging ideas with RPS colleagues.
- Manages the negotiations process after the RFP has been submitted. This is a very iterative process of “fine tuning” the RFP to better meet the client’s needs.
The Retirement Sales Director will follow up with the potential client and/or consultant to gauge if there are areas where T. Rowe Price can be more competitive. The sales professional then works with Sales Managers on the issues. This may include adjustments to pricing and/or how T. Rowe Price is going to service a client.
Technical & Industry Knowledge
- An established and extensive professional network within the assigned geographical territory that can be leveraged to develop and advance highly complex and strategic sales opportunities for T. Rowe Price.
- A demonstrated track record of success in developing a sales pipeline in the small and mid-market segment (i.e., Defined Contribution plans under $50 million in AUA).
- Series 7 and 63.
Cultural and Behavioral Attributes
- Intelligent, driven, detail-oriented, hard-working, and able to work effectively with professional, high caliber executives in various business areas.
- Exemplary interpersonal and presentation skills. Outstanding oral and written communication skills. Proven determination, ability to show persuasiveness and leadership in difficult situations.
- Collaborative and collegial in approach and style.
- Lead by example and thrive in a rapidly evolving environment, whereby one is influencing the change and concurrently driving daily execution and results.
- Entrepreneurial, achievement-oriented mindset with a disciplined approach to working independently and an ability to assess people and quickly understand their preferences and style in receiving information.
- High integrity and an uncompromised reputation.
This role is eligible for full time remote work.
FINRA licenses are required and will be supported for this role.
Wage Transparency Disclosure* - Base salary range for the location(s) of:
Colorado Springs, CO and San Francisco, CA: $124,000.00 - $224,000.00 USD Annual
*Placement within the range provided above is based on the individual’s relevant experience and skills for the role. Base salary is only one component of our total compensation package. Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus, which is determined upon company and individual performance. Salary range disclosure as required by sb19-085 when hiring in Colorado, S9427A when hiring in New York, SB 1162 when hiring in California, and SB 5761 when hiring in the State of Washington.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We strive for equity, equality, and opportunity for all associates. When we embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work, our firm is stronger, and we create greater value for our clients. Our commitment and inclusive programming aim to lift the experience for each associate and builds allies for our global associate community. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at the firm, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
Benefits: We invest in our people through a wide range of programs and benefits, including:
- Competitive pay and bonuses as well as a generous retirement plan and employee stock purchase plan with matching contributions
- Flexible and remote work opportunities
- Health care benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Tuition assistance
- Wellness programs (fitness reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program)
Our policies may change as our working lives evolve. Yet, our commitment to supporting our associates’ well-being and addressing the needs of our clients, business, and communities is unwavering.