Sera Global Real Estate – Private Capital Advisory – Analyst – New York
Sera Global is a global independent real assets advisor focusing on real estate, infrastructure, renewable energy, and sustainable investments. Sera Global provides innovative, strategic advice that is free from conflicts or bias, taking the principal’s point of view in everything they do and putting the clients’ objectives first.
Their global skill set includes mergers and acquisitions, recapitalization and restructuring, private capital markets advisory, capital raising, and financial institution advisory. Sera Global specializes in complex or strategic situations that require superior skills, global reach and sophistication, confidentiality and transaction execution, allowing them to navigate more complex and difficult situations than others can. They have ~60 employees (and growing) who operate from offices located in major financial centers around the world.
Private Capital Advisory (PCA)
The Private Capital Advisory Group advises real estate operators, investment managers, and allocators on capital sourcing strategies, vehicle structuring and equity placement. Sera Global's PCA team has extensive experience executing complex transactions to address the situation-specific needs of the firm’s clients, including:
- Growth or development capital – programmatic joint ventures, fund life extensions, co-investments
- Private "secondary" sales of existing equity stakes / shareholders
- Equity recapitalizations and debt restructuring
- Formation capital
- Other situations requiring creative private capital financing solutions
The position provides an excellent opportunity for the candidate to work for a market leader in equity placement and capital strategy. The candidate will enter a flexible, dynamic, entrepreneurial and team-first environment. Exceptional growth and career development are central to the role.
Position Title: Analyst (2-3 years of relevant work experience)
Location: New York, NY
Role Description & Responsibilities:
- Project Management: Support the execution of private capital raise projects across our platform which includes interaction with the senior leaders/partners of the PCA team, including support for a senior project manager
- Prepare marketing presentations and research materials in support of presentations, pitches, offering materials and other business development activities
- Assist senior team leads in all aspects of transactions
- Assist senior team members in evaluating potential mandates by carrying out private market research, potential investor analysis and market mapping
- Tracking of the team’s activities with potential clients and investor accounts and related feedback
- Work directly with the group’s senior professionals and be involved in all aspects of transactions across a variety of sectors
- Run cash flow scenario analyses for investors and issuers
- Conduct market research and industry review projects across sectors
Qualifications & Experience:
- Strong quantitative skills; Microsoft Excel modeling experience required
- Detail-oriented, organized and able to work as part of a team
- Previous experience as a member of a leading capital markets or related group at a leading placement agency, investment bank or large institutional investor is preferred; experience in executing private or highly structured equity, PIPE and/or debt transactions preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills (written and verbal)
- Ability and willingness to interact daily with deal team members across a wide array of internal teams
- Mastery of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Candidate will be able to demonstrate a high level of initiative and self-motivation and must be able to work independently, across a variety of responsibilities and at a fast pace