Sr. Wealth Manager
Veris Wealth Partners is an independent, SEC registered, impact wealth management firm founded in 2007 by five partners who share a deep conviction in the interdependence of values and wealth. Veris clients include individuals, foundations, non-profit organizations, family offices, and investment advisory firms. At Veris, this philosophy of aligning wealth with values to create meaningful impact is central to the company’s identity and culture and mission to utilize financial markets to direct capital to sustainable and regenerative endeavors.
Veris’ vision is to create an equitable, just and sustainable world. Justice, equity, diversity and inclusion touch every aspect of our work: how we hire and create a culture of belonging, how we select vendors, and how we invest. Veris believes investors can have positive social and environmental impact across all asset classes and strategies through ESG integrated investing, shareholder advocacy and thematic investing. Veris invests through four impact themes – a) climate solutions and the environment, b) sustainable and regenerative agriculture, c) racial and gender equity and d) community wealth building.
Veris is recognized as both a pioneer and leader in the field of sustainable, responsible and impact investing, and is strongly equipped to provide solutions for clients seeking to create change through their wealth while meeting financial objectives.
Veris is a proud B Corp and Best for the World® Overall Honoree (2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013).
Veris has offices in New York City, San Francisco, Portsmouth, NH, and Boulder, CO. For more information, please visit our website: www.veriswp.com.
The Senior Wealth Manager (SWM) is responsible for leading prospective and existing client relationships and advising prospective and existing clients on how to achieve their financial objectives while aligning their wealth with their values. The SWM will help clients develop their impact and financial guidelines or Investment Policy Statement (IPS), create customized impact investment portfolios, provide financial planning, estate and tax planning coordination as needed, and more. The SWM is responsible for personal business development initiation and team closing support. The SWM is responsible for office supervision, supervising and/or mentoring CSAs and WMs, and leadership.
- Develop and maintain deep understanding of clients' financial and impact goals
- Work with clients to develop and implement their Wealth Management Plan and advise clients on appropriate portfolio allocations to meet their financial and impact investing objectives
- Implement client Wealth Management Services and investment portfolios
- Conduct quarterly, bi-annual, or annual review meetings to consult with clients regarding their current objectives, progress on requested services, and portfolio performance
- Proactively oversee the preparation of and lead periodic review meetings, ensuring documentation of client meeting discussions, decisions, and follow-ups
- Develop financial plans for clients and develop appropriate portfolio allocation proposals to meet clients' financial and impact investing objectives; rebalance, recommend, execute trends, and implement portfolio changes
- Monitor ongoing transaction activity and performance of client accounts and present updates on managers/funds in client meetings
- Communicate with clients as needed due to market changes and/or in response to client inquiries and requests and oversee all client service needs
- Coordinate with clients' tax, estate, and other advisors as needed
- Identify prospective clients and lead the business development process for prospective clients to elect the firm
- Supervise support wealth managers and client service associates
- Develop relationships with and communicate with potential referral resources
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- A commitment to impact investing and the advancement of Veris' mission and values
- Strong oral and written communication skills and exceptional interpersonal skills
- Exceptional client service skills, builds trust with clients in all stages of financial planning and Wealth Management to help achieve client goals
- Comprehensive understanding of financial and estate planning considerations as well as foundation/endowment management considerations, and the ability to help navigate complex issues
- Comprehensive understanding of economic and market activity, the impact investing industry, and impact investing managers and funds
- Ability to interpret and analyze qualitative and quantitative data
- Demonstrated new business development and conversion skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of systems and investment options for client servicing including custodians, CRM, and performance reporting
- Working knowledge of portfolio construction and implementation, including trading
- Intellectual curiosity and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Strong mentorship, supervisory and leadership skills with proven experience managing and developing staff
Education and Experience
- Certification or college degree in Finance, Wealth Management, Financial Planning, or related field preferred
- CFP®, CPWA®, CIMA®, or CFA certification required
- Deep knowledge and experience with sustainable and impact investing preferred
- 5 or more years of experience as lead advisor preferred
- 5 or more years of experience with financial products and financial planning preferred
- 5 or more years of experience with portfolio construction, asset allocation, and monitoring preferred
- 5 or more years of experience supporting complex family and/or institutional relationships preferred
- 5 or more years of experience with demonstrated success in business development preferred
- 3 or more years of supervisory responsibility preferred
Veris Wealth Partners provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Veris Wealth Partners complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.