Agency: U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
Position: Staff Accountant, SK-0510-14
Promotion Potential: SK-14
Location: New York, NY
Salary: $144,731 - $245,201 per year
Open & Close Dates: 04/25/2023 to 05/08/2023
Vacancies: One (1)
Job Link: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/721647600
If selected, you will serve as a senior accounting adviser in the Division of Enforcement, New York Regional Office for the Enforcement program's area of program emphasis on corporate accounting.
Conditions of Employment:
This position is open to U.S. Citizens.
Typical duties include:
- Provides forensic accounting expertise relating to complex and difficult accounting investigations, including the development and preparation of forensic accounting analysis and reports.
- Applies sophisticated accounting, auditing, and investigative skills to identify, analyze, and summarize evidence of financial fraud or other accounting related violations of the federal securities laws.
- Prepares detailed financial accounting findings and conclusions utilized in SEC administrative proceedings and/or federal court actions, and translates findings into terminology and formats which can be understood by both legal and lay personnel.
- Refer to the announcement on USAJOBS.gov for additional information.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Qualifying education must have been obtained from an accredited college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Degree: accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law. (The term "accounting" means "accounting and/or auditing" in this standard. Similarly, "accountant" should be interpreted, generally, as "accountant and/or auditor.") OR Combination of education and experience -- refer to the announcement on USAJOBS.gov for additional information.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENT: In addition to meeting the basic requirement, applicants must also meet the minimum qualification requirement.
SK-14: Applicant must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS/SK-13 level: Specialized experience include:
(1) coordinating, staffing, and leading a public company audit in accordance with the standards of the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and the federal securities laws;
(2) performing detailed analyses, drawing conclusions, providing advice, and developing recommendations on complex transactions or issues;
(3) evaluating policies, procedures, and processes related to financial operations;
(4) developing technical recommendations and providing advice to senior organization management; and
(5) conducting or leading discussions with corporate or public company CEO, CFO or other senior company officials.
Official transcripts will be required at the time of appointment to verify education.
SEC Compensation Program: The overall salary range listed above is provided for informational purposes as it represents the full range that is applicable to current employees in this occupation/grade; however, a selectee's initial pay is always set below the maximum rate of the range. Please click here for additional information.
Additional guidance and application instructions can be found here: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/721647600