Boston Trust Walden Company Overview
Boston Trust Walden Company is an independent, employee-owned firm that provides investment management services to institutional investors and private wealth clients. The firm manages approximately $14 billion in client assets.
Boston Trust Walden distinguishes itself in several key ways, including:
- stable, diversified business model serving a variety of client types.
- compelling investment philosophy and excellent track record.
- longstanding leadership in ESG impact investing; and
- corporate culture grounded in shared values, as signified by the company’s tagline, Principled Investing.
Located in the heart of Boston at One Beacon Street, Boston Trust Walden employs fewer than 100 individuals. Boston Trust Walden’s structure as an independent, employee-owned firm enables the firm to make business decisions that align with clients and employees for long-term success. The firm’s structure and size help cultivate a collegial work environment where employees own their work, contribute to positive client outcomes, and are rewarded for their efforts.
One of Boston Trust Walden’s strategic priorities is to foster a positive workplace; this includes a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. The firm believes this commitment is the right thing to do because of good governance and a critical component of long-term business success. When DEI values are infused into the workplace, the company and its employees benefit. The firm is committed to taking meaningful steps to advance racial, ethnic, and gender equity in its workplace through retention, education, and recruitment initiatives.
Boston Trust Walden Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Boston Trust Walden is committed to supporting equal employment opportunity and to promoting a workplace free of discrimination about race, color, religious creed, national origin, genetic information, ancestry, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, parental status, marital status, veteran/US military status, pregnancy, citizenship status, or other legally protected status.
The firm will make reasonable accommodations in the application process if requested by new job applicants.
Position: Staff Accountant
Boston Trust Walden is seeking a dedicated Staff Accountant with 1-3 years of experience to join our finance team. This position requires an individual who can multitask, meet deadlines, and communicate effectively with various departments. A positive and team-oriented work ethic is critical to this role.
- Process and reconcile cash transactions daily across three entities.
- Responsible for accounts payable processing including review and processing of invoices and adherence to vendor management program.
- Assist with monthly and quarterly close including account reconciliations, financial statement preparation, and all supporting schedules.
- Ensure strict adherence to internal policies, regulatory requirements, and GAAP standards.
- Must have the ability to master new accounting systems quickly and effectively.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, enabling effective interaction with various departments.
- Provide support for external, internal, and regulatory audits.
- Assist with the identification and implementation of accounting systems and process improvements.
- Exhibit a strong drive and motivation to learn.
- Assist with tax analysis and filings.
- Collaborate with the finance team on ad hoc projects.
- 1-3 years of proven experience in an accounting role.
- Exceptional attention to detail, adept at multitasking, and flexible communication skills.
- A BS/BA degree in a related field or equivalent direct experience is highly desired.
- Experience with Sage Intacct, while preferred, is not mandatory.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented and pragmatic.
- Comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels
- Structured work style – be confident working autonomously but like to be part of a team.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
This is a full-time position based in Boston, MA. Boston Trust Walden operates in a hybrid manner with a mix of in-office and remote work. Specifics depend on the team and should be discussed with the hiring manager.