Student Loan Consultant 3 (SLC3)
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Banking is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers, in addition to operating one of the most extensive banking franchises in the country. We serve mass market, affluent, and small business customers; as well as provide home and personal lending. Our focus is on delivering an exceptional experience for our customers through financial advice and guidance coupled with providing the products and services that will help them realize their financial hopes and dreams. We’ve built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
Responsible for assessing customer needs through financial consultation for more complex lending customers. Determines the proper loan program, completes the loan application and coordinates with underwriting to collect the necessary documents to begin the loan process. Obtains and analyzes credit score and collateral values to determine the appropriate loan structuring. Identifies opportunities and provides customer service with the objective of offering Wells Fargo products and services based on the customers needs; opening accounts and provisioning products on specific product family and recognizing and uncovering other Wells Fargo products with the opportunity to introduce those outside of scope to other Wells Fargo entities. Works on special projects as assigned.
Start date for this position is October 15th. The department hours are 7 a.m. – 8 p.m. Central Time Monday through Friday. During our busy summer season, department hours are 7 a.m. – 8 p.m. Central Time Monday through Friday and Saturday from 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. Central Time. Available shifts vary depending on business need.
- 3+ years of experience assessing and meeting the needs of customers and/or solving customer problems
- Financial advisement or planning experience
- Financial or lending industry experience
- Ability to analyze applicable policies and procedures to ensure financial integrity of customers
- Ability to analyze financial statements, accounting principles, tax returns, and personal financial statements
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Ability to provide strong customer service and develop customer relationships
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services consulting
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services consumer lending products
- Knowledge and understanding of lending or loan servicing
- Knowledge and understanding of loan structuring across broad spectrum of product and loan types
- Knowledge and understanding of originating, structuring, and executing transactions related to corporate banking or other credit related products for the most critical or complex clients
- Knowledge and understanding of student loan originations systems
- Ability to quickly learn business operations and processes
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
SD-Sioux Falls: Min: $35,800 Mid: $49,700
SD-Sioux Falls: 3201 N 4th Ave - Sioux Falls, SD
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
- Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.