Sustainability Reporting Director
This is a Director level position. The person hired will help drive firmwide strategic sustainability reporting, lead the development and project management of the firm's annual Sustainability Report, support regulated ESG disclosure activities, respond to client and investor questionnaires, and manage ESG ratings.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley's Global Sustainable Finance Group is responsible for implementing the firm's sustainability strategy across policies, business activities, products and services. The team partners with senior leadership across the firm to integrate environmental, social and governance (ESG) considerations into core business.
The Sustainability Reporting Director (The Director) will help drive GSF's firmwide strategic sustainability reporting, leading the development and project management of the firm's annual Sustainability Report, supporting regulated ESG disclosure activities, responding to client & investor questionnaires, and managing ESG ratings. The Director will be a sustainability reporting subject matter expert with a passion for corporate sustainability, excellent project management skills, strong attention to detail and nuance, and exceptional business writing, presentation and organizational skills. The Director will develop and manage complex work plans and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to support the firm's suite of ESG disclosures. GSF encourages diverse candidates to apply.
Please apply on Taleo HERE.
- Play a leading role in firmwide sustainability reporting efforts, including interfacing with senior GSF leadership and the firm's business units to: develop the outline, collect content, initiate drafting, improve reporting capabilities and procedures, collect and track sustainability data and project manage the annual sustainability reporting process
- Feed strategic ideas and content into the sustainability-focused webpages on the firm's public website
- Monitor ongoing and rapidly changing dynamics in the sustainability reporting space, with a specific focus on the regulatory environment, ESG reporting frameworks (i.e. SASB, TCFD, ISSB, etc.) and investor priorities on ESG disclosure
- Drive the process of the firm's submissions to ESG/sustainability ratings/rankings, surveys, awards and firm-level responses to RFP questions on sustainability topics
- Support updates to firm policy statements that include sustainability information to ensure alignment with firm disclosure
- Assist with development and quality assurance of communications, publications, and presentations
- Support other areas of GSF work including but not limited to Institute thought leadership and client engagement, as appropriate
- 4-7 years of work experience with 3+ years of corporate sustainability reporting either in-house or in a consulting role; finance experience a plus
- Deep understanding of the sustainability reporting landscape and the key frameworks (SASB in particular)
- Ability to distill complex topics into high-level, effective summaries for senior internal stakeholders
- Detail-orientation with excellent business writing, communication and presentation skills
- Comfort with balancing multiple priorities and effective multi-tasking, with ability to manage stakeholders and prioritize work with support from senior team members
- Ability to operate collaboratively in a team culture
- Demonstrated passion for sustainability and working with employees
- Ability to build relationships and work with cross-functional partners to ensure alignment
- Proven experience successfully delivering within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience with banks/financial institutions a plus