Sustainable Finance Digital Product Manager
This is a Vice President level position. The person hired will collaborate closely with a team of Product Managers, Data Scientists and Engineers to design and deliver a set of digital sustainable finance applications for the Firm's Institutional Securities clients.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley's Global Sustainable Finance Group ("GSF") aims to drive the growth of sustainable investing through ongoing development of products and solutions, thought leadership and capacity building initiatives. The GSF team is seeking a quantitative-minded Digital Product Manager to support the team's incubation and execution of innovative digital sustainable finance applications and services for clients of Morgan Stanley. GSF works closely with partners across Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, Investment Management, Institutional Securities Group and Firm Risk Management.
The candidate will collaborate closely with a team of Product Managers, Data Scientists and Engineers to design and deliver a set of digital sustainable finance applications for the Firm's Institutional Securities clients. The candidate will be expected to move fluidly between business objectives, user needs/requirements, and technical platforms across the Equities and Fixed Income Securities business units. Successful candidates will have demonstrated experience in digital product management and financial services, a passion for environmental and social sustainability, an entrepreneurial mindset, and strong interpersonal and project management skills. Partnership and collaboration with data scientists, engineers and senior business stakeholders across Morgan Stanley will be key to success. The candidate may be asked to assist with projects related to other areas of GSF including, but not limited to, corporate sustainability initiatives and the Institute for Sustainable Investing.
Please apply on Taleo HERE.
- Interface with Sales, Trading and Technology partners to define requirements, prioritize features, and establish timelines and approaches for product delivery
- Write detailed technical specifications and lead daily standup calls with engineering and UI teams as part of an Agile cadence
- Perform data due-diligence and quantitative analysis as part of User Acceptance Testing to ensure strict quality control
- Extract key insights from data and user research to inform product development
- Support growth and user engagement by communicating the vision and value of digital tools and applications with end users
- Establish and maintain support and training materials including training collateral, product brochures, and user guides.
- Assist with additional GSF and Institute for Sustainable Investing activities, as needed
- Undergraduate degree with 4-6 years of work experience in Financial Services, Fintech, or Product Management
- Ability to represent and document business requirements, data flow processes, use cases, test cases and user stories
- Passionate about data and technology with an intense focus on the user
- Analytical and numbers-driven, ensuring decisions made are fact-based
- Comfortable with SQL and/or Python
- An eye for UI/UX design and being able to communicate with designers and developers
- Results-oriented with a bias for action and a keen eye for detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to navigate multiple business and technology stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a cross-functional team and independently as a self-starter