Sustainable Finance Digital Product Platform Manager
This is an Executive Director level position. The person hired will lead a team of Product Managers to design and deliver a set of digital sustainable finance applications from prototype to scale.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley's Global Sustainable Finance Group ("GSF") aims to drive the growth of sustainable investing through ongoing development of products and solutions, thought leadership and capacity building initiatives. The GSF team is seeking a quantitative-minded Digital Product Platform Manager to support the team's incubation and execution of innovative digital sustainable finance applications and services for clients of Morgan Stanley. GSF works closely with partners across Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, Investment Management, Institutional Securities Group and Firm Risk Management.
The candidate will lead a team of Product Managers to design and deliver a set of digital sustainable finance applications from prototype to scale. The candidate will be expected to move fluidly between business objectives, user needs/requirements, and technical capabilities across various business units and digital platforms within the Firm, including Morgan Stanley Impact Quotient®. Successful candidates will have demonstrated leadership experience in digital product management and financial services, a passion for environmental and social sustainability, an entrepreneurial mindset, and strong interpersonal and project management skills. Partnership and collaboration with data scientists, engineers and senior business stakeholders across Morgan Stanley including the ability to connect the dots between market trends and digital innovation will be key to success. The candidate may be asked to assist with projects related to other areas of GSF including, but not limited to, corporate sustainability initiatives and the Institute for Sustainable Investing.
Please apply on Taleo HERE.
- Lead the end-to-end vision, strategy, and execution for a suite of digital applications for sustainable investing from concept to launch, including post-launch efforts around engagement and adoption
- Manage and grow a team of product managers, own KPIs, and champion product team vision and charters
- Collaborate with business, product, technology and UX stakeholders to define requirements and prioritize features, outcomes, timelines, and approaches for product delivery across product squads in GSF and multiple business units
- Extract key insights from data and user research to inform product development
- Support growth and user engagement by communicating the vision and value of digital tools and applications with end users
- Establish processes for training and support to aid in continuous day-to-day management of user needs.
- Assist with additional GSF and Institute for Sustainable Investing activities, as needed
- Undergraduate degree with 8+ years of work experience as a Digital Product Manager in Financial Services or Fintech. MBA or Advanced Degree a plus.
- Proven leadership skills with experience developing and delivering on shared product vision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on clearly articulating product goals and progress across the broader organization
- Ability to represent and document business requirements, data flow processes, use cases, test cases and user stories as a member of a cross-functional team
- Passionate about data and technology with an intense focus on the user
- Analytical and numbers-driven, ensuring decisions made are fact-based
- Comfortable with SQL and/or Python
- An eye for UI/UX design and being able to communicate with designers and developers
- Familiarity with Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) data providers, frameworks, and regulatory developments
- Results-oriented with a bias for action and a keen eye for detail