Sustainable Investing Associate
With offices in Los Angeles, Newport Beach, Boston, and New York, Aristotle is a family of employee-owned investment management firms that collectively manage equity and fixed income strategies. Aristotle attracts and retains talented investment professionals through a culture focused on research, investment management, and client success.
Aristotle’s experienced corporate leadership team oversees a centralized support infrastructure to ensure that our distinct teams of investment professionals are able to focus on what they do best—adding value to client portfolios. The company’s support infrastructure includes shared services such as finance/accounting, compliance, trading, operations, client communication, marketing, and distribution.
Please visit www.aristotlecap.com for more information on our firm.
We are currently seeking a bright and motivated professional to join our Sustainability Team. The Sustainable Investing Associate will work closely with Client Portfolio Managers and other investment professionals across our affiliates to enhance our investment teams’ sustainability initiatives.
This individual will learn about various Sustainability frameworks and organizations, participate in multiple forums and networks to guide the strategies and priorities of the Sustainability Team and recommend initiatives for our four separate investment teams. This individual will need to work closely with Client Portfolio Managers and other investment professionals to get a thorough understanding of each team’s process and philosophy.
This position will serve in a Shared Services capacity to support all affiliates and reports into Aristotle Capital’s Co-Chief Investment Officer.
What You Will Do:
- Assist with creating ESG language in responses to client reporting, RFPs, RFIs, DDQs and questionnaires across equity and fixed income products
- Partner with client portfolio managers and analysts to provide advice and guidance as they engage with company management teams and board members
- Conduct research and quantitative analysis utilizing third-party ESG data, producing presentations for internal and external use to contribute to the development and execution of stewardship processes, data analytics, and reporting
- Identify and monitor ESG risks and opportunities for our portfolio companies
- Assist in the firm’s annual reporting to the PRI
- Take ownership and responsibility for other projects/activities that contribute to the success of the firm’s approach to responsible investing
- Continued education on evolving ESG standards, best practices, concepts and governing bodies
What You Will Need:
- 2– 4 years working at an investment management firm
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Completed, enrolled (or looking to enroll) in the CFA Program a plus
- Knowledge of stewardship (proxy voting, engagements, corporate governance)
- Interest in Environmental and Social Governance (ESG) and Sustainable Investing (prior experience a plus)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; Ability to create and present content to different audiences (internal and external)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented with high degree of accuracy and timely follow through
- Entrepreneurial drive and self-starter: willingness to independently learn and continuously improve output on all firm matters related to Sustainable Investing
- Passion for asset management and investing
What We Have to Offer
- A supportive, collaborative work environment with exceptional colleagues!
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(K) matching
- Paid time off, including annual Employee Volunteer Day
- Various Company events throughout the year
Is Aristotle Right for You?
We are looking for exceptional individuals who are intelligent, enthusiastic, and curious, someone who will fit within our culture and contribute to our expanding business. An ideal candidate would not limit their contribution to the provided job description but would help us surpass our goals by continually finding ways to improve themselves and the firm. If you would like the stability of a successful, established company and the growth opportunities of a dynamic environment, we look forward to hearing from you.
The above description identifies the essential job functions and skills needed by the person or persons assigned to this position. These job functions and skills are not intended to be a complete and exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The information contained herein is subject to change at the company's discretion.
Aristotle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Aristotle will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Aristotle Capital Management, LLC, Aristotle Credit Partners, LLC, Aristotle Capital Boston, LLC, and Aristotle Atlantic Partners, LLC are affiliated organizations. Each is an independent investment adviser separately registered under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, as amended. Registration does not imply a certain level of skill or training. More information about each adviser including the investment strategies, fees and objectives can be found in their ADV Part 2, which is available upon request.