Marathon Asset Management is a market and cycle-tested global alternative credit manager founded in 1998 by Bruce Richards (Chief Executive Officer) and Louis Hanover (Chief Investment Officer). The firm manages approximately $21.4 billion in assets under management across the corporate, real estate, structured credit and asset-based credit markets. Marathon’s team is fully integrated to capitalize on credit opportunities globally in both the public and private credit markets, with its headquarters in New York and offices in London, Tokyo, Luxembourg, Miami and Los Angeles.
We are currently seeking to add an Associate to our team. The Associate will join a closely collaborative, entrepreneurial team of seasoned investment professionals supported by Marathon’s global platform and will have direct access to senior investment professionals and portfolio managers.
- Support senior investment professionals in analyzing and executing structured credit investments, with a focus on the RMBS and ABS cusip markets. Investments can span the full capital structure. Examples include:
- RMBS: CRT, Non-QM, RPL/NPL, HELOCs, others
- ABS: consumer, auto, student loans, others
- Participate in all stages of the investment and decision-making process, including idea generation, underwriting, modeling, execution, and asset management. Interface directly with counterparties. Tasks will include:
- Idea generation: monitoring capital markets conditions and activity across the RMBS + ABS markets, such as credit spreads, daily BWICs, offer sheets, out of comp opportunities and forward new issuance calendars
- Underwriting: performing cash flow analysis and reviewing capital structures of prospective investment opportunities, building and maintaining detailed cash flow models in Intex and Excel
- Asset Management: regularly reviewing actual performance vs. underwritten assumptions, reporting portfolio composition and performance, staying current with relevant regulatory developments, and preparing materials for current and prospective investors
- BA or BS degree with strong GPA
- 2+ years experience in the structured credit capital markets, preferably in a risk-taking role
- Bloomberg, Intex, and Excel proficiency a must. SQL and VBA experience a plus
- Strong quantitative, cash flow modeling, and analytical skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to monitor multiple markets at the same time
- Outstanding work ethic, ability and desire to work in a dynamic and demanding environment
- Highly motivated self-starter who is coachable
The average salary for this role is $130,000-140,000 in base pay and exclusive of any bonuses or benefits. The base pay offered will be determined based on your experience, location, skills, training, certifications and education, and in addition we will also consider internal equity and market data. We do not anticipate that candidates hired will begin at the top of the range however, from time to time, it may occur on a case by case basis.
No agencies please
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V