Boston Trust Walden Company Overview
Boston Trust Walden Company is an independent, employee-owned firm that provides investment management services to institutional investors and private wealth clients. The firm manages approximately $15 billion in client assets.
Boston Trust Walden distinguishes itself in several key ways, including:
- stable, diversified business model serving a variety of client types.
- compelling investment philosophy and excellent track record.
- longstanding leadership in ESG impact investing; and
- corporate culture grounded in shared values, as signified by the company’s tagline, Principled Investing.
Located in the heart of Boston at One Beacon Street, Boston Trust Walden employs fewer than 100 individuals. Boston Trust Walden’s structure as an independent, employee-owned firm enables the firm to make business decisions that align with clients and employees for long-term success. The firm’s structure and size help cultivate a collegial work environment where employees have ownership of their work, contribute to positive client outcomes, and are rewarded for their efforts.
One of Boston Trust Walden’s strategic priorities is to foster a positive workplace; this includes a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. The firm believes this commitment is not only the right thing to do but also a matter of good governance and a critical component of long-term business success. When DEI values are infused into the workplace, the company and its employees benefit. The firm is committed to taking meaningful steps to advance racial, ethnic, and gender equity in its workplace through retention, education, and recruitment initiatives.
Boston Trust Walden Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Boston Trust Walden is committed to supporting equal employment opportunity and to promoting a workplace free of discrimination with regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, genetic information, ancestry, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, parental status, marital status, veteran/US military status, pregnancy, citizenship status, or another legally protected status.
The firm will make reasonable accommodations in the application process if requested by new job applicants.
Boston Trust Walden is seeking a qualified individual to join its investment team. This individual will be involved in a vibrant, cooperative setting that offers chances for personal contributions, teamwork, and career growth. Boston Trust Walden has a track record of excellent client and employee retention, earning respect in the industry for the expertise and integrity of our people, as well as the consistent success of our investment strategy. This individual will be expected to adopt Boston Trust Walden's investment philosophy, style, and process.
- Work closely with portfolio managers to implement investment strategies across equity and fixed-income portfolios.
- Collaborate with research analysts, portfolio managers, and other stakeholders to gather insights and contribute to investment decisions.
- Work closely with operations and compliance teams to address trading-related issues, implement best practices, and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies.
- Monitor market conditions, analyze liquidity, and make timely decisions to optimize trade execution.
- Develop and maintain counterparty relationships. Evaluate and implement value-added trading platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience required.
- Four years of professional trading or Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) office experience.
- Familiarity with trading small caps, treasuries, corporates, agencies, and municipal bonds.
- Comprehensive grasp of electronic order routing, operational processes, and order management/execution management platforms.
- Ability to balance cash levels and contribute to the overall investment strategy.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with proficient mathematical abilities, are essential.
- Proficiency in utilizing systems such as Advent, Moxy, Bloomberg, FX, fixed-income platforms, and trade cost analysis tools.
This is a full-time position based in Boston, MA. Boston Trust Walden operates in a hybrid manner with a mix of in-office and remote work. Specifics are dependent upon the team and should be discussed with the hiring manager.