Trader – Portfolio Implementation Team
Artisan Partners has an immediate opening for a Trader to work with our Portfolio Implementation team. The Portfolio Implementation team is responsible for the evolution of Artisan’s execution strategy, developing trade strategies through data analysis leading to improved decision making and trade execution automation. The trader will be an integral addition to this team.
The candidate should have a proven background trading equity basket, algorithmic trading, execution analysis, and an interest in the analysis of performance dispersion vs. the benchmark or model to improve workflows, and separate account portfolio construction.
The hours are from 7:00AM through 4:00PM PST.
The candidate can expect to:
- Assist in the management of Artisan’s investment dispersion relative to the portfolio managers model
- Analyze portfolio construction based on client and regulatory guidelines, management of cash flows, and the execution of both the necessary equity and FX orders
- Maintain trading blotter, including but not limited to: building trades, running trades through compliance (addressing alerts and warnings), confirming trades with brokers and booking out trades
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders, acting as a partner to Portfolio Managers and Analysts
- Deliver on ad hoc requests related to Portfolio Implementation
- Read, review and stay up to date on relevant news, compiling analysis for various markets
The successful candidate will possess strong analytical skills and attention to detail. Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess:
- Undergraduate degree in finance, economics or business
- 3 - 5 years trading experience with strong background in equity markets; trading baskets, and algorithmic trading
- Strong quantitative skillset with proven experience using advanced technology to create efficiency
- Advanced technical skills including R, Python, or Tableau preferred
- An interest in pre-trade, intra-trade, and post-trade analysis as well as the use of that data to improve execution
- Dedication to quality and a strong work ethic
- Proven ability to cultivate relationships with Investment teams
- Excellent oral and written presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with Bloomberg, Charles River, and Flex Trade a plus
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment