Vice President, Advisory National Accounts
With offices in Los Angeles, Newport Beach, Boston and New York, Aristotle is a family of employee-owned investment management firms that collectively manage equity and fixed income strategies. Aristotle attracts and retains talented investment professionals through a culture focused on research, investment management and client success.
Please visit www.aristotlecap.com for more information on our firm.
The Vice President, Advisory National Accounts will be based in NYC or Newport Beach and will assist the Company and its affiliates with their advisory sales and marketing efforts.
This position will report to the Managing Director - Head of Advisory Distribution.
What You Will Do:
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with assigned Advisory intermediary channel partners to maximize Aristotle’s investment capabilities and increase market share for all Aristotle products.
- Coverage may include wealth management firms (“WM”) such as wirehouses, independent broker/dealers, banks and RIAs.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with the head offices of assigned external partners to help grow Aristotle’s penetration in these channels and firms.
- Actively reviews and manages the needs of the external partners’ home offices in order to contribute to their success on an ongoing basis.
- Travels regularly to effectively develop relationships and raise assets.
Business Development and Sales Strategy
- The candidate will use well-developed relationship management and sales skills to influence the investment selection process within client research groups and provide world-class service and guidance at key touchpoints within the client organizations.
- Seeks analyst ratings target firms.
- Seeks model allocations and other sub-advised opportunities at target firms.
- Leverages firm-specific and industry data to further plan and profile prospects.
- Responsible for interpreting partner firm priorities, protocols, and opportunities and translating them to the sales team to optimize field sales activities.
- Promotes Aristotle’s investment capabilities at external partners’ events.
- Assists with special projects as needed
What You Will Need:
- Minimum five years of experience in WM (asset management, B/D, RIA, Bank Trust, etc) - required
- Hands-on experience either in an asset management National Accounts role, or working directly with asset management National Accounts representatives in your role with a WM firm - required
- Proven track record initiating discussions with, and presenting to, WM due diligence teams which resulted in Recommended List ratings for products
- Existing relationships within the Wirehouse, Independent B/D and RIA channels: highly desired
- Working knowledge of SMA, UMA, Funds: highly desired
- Superior communication/presentation skills
- Advanced investment/product knowledge
- Advanced relationship management/sales skills
- Ability to establish rapport and interact with client senior management
- Able to establish credibility and rapport by balancing persistence with relaxed follow-up
- Consultative selling skills
- Able to apply a systemic approach to problem-solving and effectively use data and analytical tools
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities and take appropriate action
- Able to work collaboratively
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university or equivalent experience is required
- Advanced/Master’s degree or pursuit of a professional certificate (CFA, CFP, CIMA) is desired
- Series 6 or 7: required
- Series 63 or 66: required
- Clean U4/5: required
What We Have to Offer
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(K) matching
- Paid time off, including annual Employee Volunteer Day
- Weekly lunch and quarterly breakfast
- Various Company events throughout the year
Is Aristotle Right for You?
We are looking for exceptional individuals who are intelligent, enthusiastic, and curious, someone who will fit within our culture and contribute to our expanding business. An ideal candidate would not limit their contribution to the provided job description but would help us surpass our goals by continually finding ways to improve themselves and the firm. If you would like the stability of a successful, established company and the growth opportunities of a dynamic environment, we look forward to hearing from you.
The above description identifies the essential job functions and skills needed by the person or persons assigned to this position. These job functions and skills are not intended to be a complete and exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The information contained herein is subject to change at the company's discretion.
Aristotle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Aristotle will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Click here to apply.
Aristotle Capital Management, LLC, Aristotle Credit Partners, LLC, Aristotle Capital Boston, LLC, and Aristotle Atlantic Partners, LLC are affiliated organizations. Each is an independent investment adviser separately registered under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, as amended. Registration does not imply a certain level of skill or training. More information about each adviser including the investment strategies, fees and objectives can be found in their ADV Part 2, which is available upon request.